A beloved Unit

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Yourtime, September 11, 2012.

1. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

Hey Planetkillers,

Will we see my beloved Big Bertha again? I totally loved that defensive construction, how it shoot over the completely map and you saw how the yellow little point flew over the mini map and eraesed a opponents unit from the map. Could it be that we will see even a extended version of the unit? A unit, which is able to shoot from a planet to a moon (or near planet?). It would be totally awesome. (Yes I really loved this feature of the mini map)

yours Yourtime
  2. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

PC Gamer says YES!
    http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/planeta ... ith-moons/
  3. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

Ah Awesome! I really should read all the article, to spam less lol. Thank you!
  4. theavatarofwar

theavatarofwar New Member

Nothing got my blood rushing more than a Bertha finally going online, and listening to the whirrrr noise of it turning towards its target. Oh man, you know theres going to be pain!

... well, in 5 minutes, once its aimed. And in another 5 minutes, once it wildly misses its targets dozens of times. Until it splashes random targets and levels up for better accuracy. And then finally getting near its target. :p

But that rush when it finally hits its target is so incredible, not even the inevitable wave of cheap scouts and bombers 30 seconds later wiping it off the map can bring down the adrenaline high!

That'll learn em for building that solar collector!
  5. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

what I like to do (against an AI as people try to stop me) is make 3-4 in SupCom and fire them all at the same time so you're more likely to hit some thing, and can kill shields fast.
  6. jeanmicarter

jeanmicarter Member

So true. Absolutely loved the sound FX. Uber please get those sound FX on steroids and bring them to the 21st century.
    And the roar of the yellow dot travelling across the map.
    And the vulcan... :eek:
    [​IMG]

I remember building loads of energy storage to sustain a decent burst.
    I hope the big artillery pieces will still require energy when firing, makes it more balanced. That was missing in SupCom2.
  7. aleran

aleran New Member

Why build storage? I seem to remember that it only took 17k energy per second to sustain fire from the Vulcan, so I would always build energy plants instead.
  8. Kogies

Kogies New Member

You build storage to act as a "buffer" for your big guns, then you can get them online earlier! If you have a lot of storage, you require less reactors. As the Vulcan finds its next target, you have replenished your energy again. Though in truth, this works best with Bertha/Intimidator, etc. The Vulcan's/Buzzsaws were a little ridiculous (read Awesome!).