So who's with me on making a 2nd faction..

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, September 11, 2012.

1. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

RawdawgPawz, at your service :)
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You didn't specify that we used it situationally either. Frankly your first post doesn't make sense in any other context considering you said;
    You did say we'd never even see it, implying you thought we used ONLY the most zoomed out view. You need to pay more attention that what you mean and what you type line up next time so we can avoid these situations.

Mike
  3. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

I love the idea but have almost no relevant skills.
    This just makes me want to up my pledge to 1K even more!
    I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat, I don't need to eat,
    I can't ware to see them all.
  4. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

and i thought you were already talking about modding :D
  5. drinken

drinken New Member

I remember getting crushed by you and your pals on a regular basis in TA, lol. Wow, it's been... 10 years or something?

Ok, enough with the sidetracking, carry on. :)
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'm curious as to how these units will be exclusive. Won't all players need the content for these custom commanders in their install? Wouldn't it be trivial to mod the game to be able to use said commanders?
  7. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Yes. That's the point here.

Of course, to be in official ranked games you'd have to use the unmodded game, so it's not like the 1k backers will lose anything.
  8. theavatarofwar

theavatarofwar New Member

While I know its going to happen anyway, can I please strongly encourage modders to not allow people to use these highly customized, one of a kind, "I paid $1000 for this" commanders just by downloading a mod?

Oh who am I kidding. There will be servers where you can pick one to play on the first day. :x
  9. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

I would imagine that getting your image of a commander in the game in an official capacity would be fully awesome enough without worrying about what modders are going to do with it.
  10. raker57

raker57 New Member

How about having a "versus" loading screen at the beginning of a match that shows everyone's name and commander? That way, you know at the very beginning if you're going up against a custom. This might not work with 40 player games though.
  11. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

[​IMG]
  12. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

this would actually look only different for maybe 70 persons, the most would have the same,
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Actually there might be more an 1 Commander Available, not including Alpha, Progenitor and Custom Commanders, and because everyone has the same units, but potentially different commanders it should be the commanders that are showcased in such a fashion.

Much like how in SCII during the loading screen you can see what race(or random) people are using.

Not to mention that as more content gets added over time.......

Mike
  14. corhen

corhen Member

no thanks, i like the idea of having one very adaptible faction, after all, we have LOTS of games with LOTS of factions, but few with only one!
  15. boolybooly

boolybooly Member

Well if a modder made a faction called despicabots and another called egotrons you wouldnt get sued, is all I am saying!
  16. thorneel

thorneel Member

No, 2 factions is the most boring, bland, lame number of factions you can g...

Wait, a faction made out of the custom Commanders?
    Make it the very first mod of this game!

Now I imagine the air and orbital units made of Commanders on hoverboards...
  17. RCIX

RCIX Member

Currently sitting at 66 commanders (56 1k tier, 6 5k tier, 4 10k tier). Cmon, we need more cool units!

Q_Q totally wishing I could get a commander of my own. Who's with me on making a commander set when PA comes out (all completely original work that is)? /sortofofftopic
  18. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

I love the idea of a custom commander... unfortunately I cant justify dumping another $850 dollars into it with my rather low level of personal funds... (yeah, im lookin at you OrangeKnight)

I decided to make do with a personal planet.