Stretch Goal 5???

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by core188, September 10, 2012.

1. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I've been severely disappointed all day because they still haven't announced what it is. Every minute they wait, they lose a bunch of potential backers. Sure it's a good idea to release then slowly, but waiting till the last 3 days for the last stretch goal is way too long.
  2. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

I know!! It's driving me crazy!! Whatever it is they're running out of time ... maybe they'll post it later tonight??

That said, i wish people would stop thinking that the next stretch goal will be "here's some free ****"

It'll probably be more advanced editing tools or fluid sims
  3. bathtub

bathtub Member

Yeah a tad surprised they didn't sort of go into 'final push' mode today, hopefully tomorrow.
  4. cosmoray

cosmoray New Member

I know you might be joking but is this technically possible? I can't believe I've never even imagined a split screen strategy game before this moment, but I just pooped my pants with desire. Are there any other games that currently do this?
  5. zordon

zordon Member

The original settlers did this.

Really I don't see it working for an RTS. Scouting would just require you to look at the bottom of the screen.
  6. bathtub

bathtub Member

Death Stars/Planets that you can load up with units and fly/transport over galaxy to galaxy.
  7. cosmoray

cosmoray New Member

Would be a lot of fun for co-op though.
  8. zordon

zordon Member

Yes, ok, sorry hadn't thought of that.
  9. primewar

primewar Member

You know, if they did go with a persistant game setup for Strech goal 5 that could mean a true co-op play mode.

Think of the sort of clan based warfare Mavor has mentioned a few times as something he would like to implement.

each "clan" if you will has a nice sized chuck of units, planets, and bases. Imagine a game that starts with each side having 1 commander, but quickly escalates as the commander builds more production. Now imagine 4-5 players on a team playing a galactic war type game each handling different areas of the teams forces. Might have one guy building production, 2 more engaged in a headon conflict, and yet someone else on your team trying to be a dirty sanchez.

If you can keep the teams relatively even, it could add a massive twist to the game in the form of playing against multiple coordinated players from the same source (team). Difference being, they share control so a level of teamwork would be required to not constantly accidentally (or intentionally) grief each other. Which could also be comical