1. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I loved the KNC video blogs. I thought it was pretty neat seeing the justifications for unit designs (oh, and those units did look awesome too) and gameplay stuff.

If Uber decides to follow suit (which I'd be very pleased if they did), it wouldn't need to be weekly. When something blog-worthy can be documented, it should be.
  2. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

I'm not patient enough to be able see regular videos and not be frustrated about not having the game.
    I'm already up set at Blizzard for not having SC II: Heart of the Swarm out, and cursing all other titles they still support for slowing them down. even with out much info.
  3. BotBot

BotBot New Member

I'd love to see regular vlogs from the team and the studio. However I'd be more than happy with them being really off the cuff and janky, as I wouldn't want someone spending time editing them and making them nice if it was a the cost of development time on the game.
  4. nobrains

nobrains Member

Do I smell stretch goal 5?
  5. linecircle

linecircle Member

While I also feel that regular video updates would be great considering that the ones they've made so far have been awesome, you do have to concede that their primary goal is to make a game, not to make awesome videos about making a game. Even less-awesome videos require quite a bit of work for each one; and their budget isn't exactly large by industry standards.
  6. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

You're pretty excited for this game, aren't you Poly?
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You say that like he's the only one! ;p

Mike
  8. molloy

molloy Member

Agreed the KnC vlogs weren't very informative or useful but they were bloody hilarious thanks to Chris' antics.

I'm not sure I necessarily need to see more of that. The developers could probably find more effective things to do with their time than comedy skits. If they wanted to do it by all means but you can't force that kind of thing.
  9. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

Yeah I would love a video blog to follow the crazy funny people at uber and get a glimps of how the development is progressing! ^^
  10. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I'm officially on the Planetary Annihilation train to Awesomeville!

Because we're not shooting for realism...
  11. Drennargh

Drennargh New Member

I'm following Double Fine Adventure and I don't see a lot of Kickstarter Backers complaining about a process which is evidently taking place. Maybe because the people who pay are mostly not the same who complain undeservedly about work in progress.

And I would definitely love to see the same kind of 'documentary' if the budget allows it. It makes you really feel part of the development process and gives you a huge understanding of how and why choices are made.
  12. acey195

acey195 Member

I would really like to follow the development of PA closely, game devving being my personal ambition as well for the future :p. I'll leave it up to the team if they want to make video's, but some (bi-)weekly text+images would already be really great.
  13. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Y'know what'd be cool? A straight up screen recording of work being done, like a concept art being drawn or a model being made, or some code being written, with long pauses editted out. No commentary or anything needed, possibly accelerated so we'd see a couple hours of work in 10 or 20 minutes.

Game development processes absolutely fascinate me.
  14. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Uber to develop PA in the Big Brother house!? :p
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

2.1 Million and we get more than just a blog o_o

damn we need to speed up the ks.
    reptarking likes this.