5th Stretchgoal

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mortiferusrosa, September 9, 2012.

1. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

Although we will never reach it, is anyone curious what it would have been?
  2. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

of course we are
  3. allot

allot Member

I'm curious so I want to know. But when I know I will just be sad that we wont get it
  4. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

the smartest thing to do is to just reveal it so they get a boost in funding so they can reach galatic war, its what I'd do
  5. aleran

aleran New Member

My entire immediate circle of friends are all waiting until the last second to pledge because it's a more significant investment to them. I don't doubt we'll see another 10,000 pledges in the last day to exactly that type of person. add to that lots of people don't make decisions until they view they have to, and it all adds up to a good chance of a significant final push.
  6. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

I guess after we reached 1,5m we will get the info for the last stretchgoal, but it will be really difficult to make it totally exciting about it.. more than the 1,8m..

I would be interested into temperature, because that is still a problem for robots and would fit the lava.
  7. torgamous

torgamous New Member

Could someone explain to me this mindset? They're going to be charged at the same time regardless of when they pledged. What exactly is lost by pledging early?
  8. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Maybe because they have some vague hope that some people will pledge so much that all the goals will be met and that they then don't have to pledge anything?

Although that seems rather weird to be honest.
  9. titusvespasianus

titusvespasianus New Member

I figure that probably they feel like making a promise when "pledging" a certain amount. Revoking the pledge would then feel like breaking this promise even though this feature is provided by kickstarter. On the other hand waiting till the last minute allows them to make a free decision without feeling guilty.

That said, my pledge(20$) is "set in stone" because it was done using paypal ;) .

Hoping the best for stretchgoal 4
  10. thedbp

thedbp Member

if you add more money and attach it to the same email you're going to get the reward you upped it too.
  11. titusvespasianus

titusvespasianus New Member

Thanks. I know that, might go for beta in the end. :)
  12. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman New Member

I have no idea what would 5th stretch goal be. But i believe it will be another awesome goal. Wish Uber extend the pledge time via paypal , so we can get 5th. stretch.
  13. sal0x2328

sal0x2328 Member

We could still make it. Looking at kicktraq, we are trending just under 1.8 million (excluding maybe 5% for paypal), but the high projection is 2.1 million (again excluding paypal).
  14. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I think it would be very hard to make another stretch that would really increase the amount of backers. The only real thing that I could see being there is a campaign mode, and most people, including myself, are against that being made at all, so I doubt that's what it would be. I haven't really seen too many things that won't be in the game with the 4th stretch goal and nearly everyone agrees should be.

Personally, I'd love for the 5th goal being something like free expansions for all backers of $20 or more, or something similar (like lots of free big updates to the game for a long time). Actually, if they go with the continuous big updates (big as in, more than just units/maps; like new features), they could have great a final stretch goal with no real limit, just an increase in how long they can give big updates depending on the amount of money earned over the 4th stretch goal. I'm sure that could get a lot of people on board to pay more money, and the extra money would allow the devs to have the money to actually do this. Plus, it would let people try the game before realizing there is something they still want, but is not there.
  15. thedeserttiger

thedeserttiger New Member

Maybe a minigame of some type?