$20 and $50 are they boxed or digital?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by galaxy366, September 8, 2012.

1. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

I already pledged my money but I never came to mind: Are those digital or retail?

Issue I am asking this is that I live in the Netherlands which is far away with shipping stuff.

:|
  2. Causeless

Causeless Member

Only $100 and above includes physical items.
  3. superroach

superroach Member

Yes, they are digital :)
  4. AlixX

AlixX New Member

Do you read the stuff they put up?.... :|

Because it very clear on there...
  5. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

Pledge $20 or more
    The finished game on PC or Mac and an exclusive wallpaper for the Kickstarter introductory price of just $20!

I clearly see nothing stating ''Digital or boxed'' Lol :lol:
  6. corhen

corhen Member

i am curious what a phisical desktop wallpaper would look like...
  7. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

They're digital.
  8. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

All tiers below $95 are digital only, however all tiers only include digital copies of the game. There is no tier with a physical copy of the game included. The game box mentioned is just the box.

Since all tiers with physical goods also include access during the beta and alpha it would be a bit daft to only send out a copy of the game once it's finished. Besides, shipping a game from here in WA, US to the Netherlands can cost more than $35. We're eating some shipping costs for international pledges. :)

There will hopefully be a big update on this breaking everything down for clarity out soon.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

an empty box? xD Not that I need a disc, but an empty box sounds weird.
  10. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Keep thinking you guys are from California (the default place I assume game developers are from, for whatever reason). Always feels weird being reminded I live in the same state as you guys.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

While you are breaking stuff down, I have a question.

I am considering the 90 one. Can you buy additional alpha keys on top of that?

Can you buy additional beta keys on top of the alpha keys?

Could I even possibly get multiple beta keys for the 90 pledge instead of the apha key altogether, yet still get the flair that I so eagerly want?

I would rather have 3 beta keys and a flair honestly. Or multiple alpha keys as well.
  12. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

See the "add-ons" on the Kickstarter page. You can add additional game keys to any tier and additional beta keys at any tier above $40.

One additional game key for +$20 each, three game keys for +$50.
    One additional beta key for +$40 each, three beta keys for +$100.

You can get three beta keys by selecting the $40 or $50 tier and adding $80 to your pledge for a total of $120 or $130. However if you want the SMNC Asteroid Belt flair you will have to select at least the $90 tier, and two extra beta keys are still another $80 for a total of $170.
  13. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

It's so weird. Same thing with GPG, they're from washington too, and when I found out, I was like "holly smokes I feel so nerd awesome." Something about this state and games :D
  14. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

A large portion of the employees at Uber are from GPG and worked on Supreme Commander and early versions of Demigod, in fact when I joined in 2008 I think I was the only person not from GPG.
  15. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

Can You get it installed on Mac/Pc/liniux as many times as you want? You dont choose which version right? do you have all 3?

Will you also get the game on steam? and will the 'game' only be on steam, or you can use a seperate launcher?

thanks
  16. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

GPG..... is from WA too? Wow.....
  17. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Yes, with a game key you'll have access to unlimited downloads of the game for the platform of your choice. Steam isn't st this time a definite as its up to Valve or you guys via Steam Greenlight. However we can guarantee a stand alone launcher downloaded from us.
  18. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Will the game we download from your launcher be something we can burn onto DVDs so we can install them from there if something where to happen to your company in say 10 years?
  19. thapear

thapear Member

This is a question that's been bugging me for a while too.
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Ok, so I am making my pledge. I have one more question. I am pledging 100, but could I add through paypal 40-100 for more beta keys later?

Btw, to Officer Willy, if you come to discover that I have pledged enough for the flair, then it would save you time if you are reading this to save your breath and not ask me for my PA flair, as I only trade items that I can go buy from the shop and replace anyway ;)