Project Update #8: Galactic War (New Stretch Goal)Disccusion

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neophyt3, September 7, 2012.

1. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

Re: Project Update #8: Galactic War (New Stretch Goal)Disccu

ok everybody that wasnt convinced by now to pledge, should do so. this is the most important stretch goal to me^^
  2. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

Uber are not making money from Kickstarter. They may well end up investing more in PA than the Kickstarter pledges total. If they make money it will be from the game being awesome and selling many copies following release. Of course features won't be in unless they're paid for, Uber are a professional company and should not be expected to work for free.

Possibly if the game sold a lot of copies that could fund new features post-release, but the more features PA has at the start, the more likely it is to sell well, and the more likely we are to see new features in the future.

The Kickstarter total being as high as possible is in our interest as players equally as much as it is in Uber's interests as a company.
  3. triblade

triblade New Member

Sounds right on all points but I do not know if they aren't making money from this. - Don't get me wrong, I would love it if they could make money off of this! This may lead to future great projects.
  4. BotBot

BotBot New Member

Out of interest, can funding continue after the due date? I was somewhat under the impression that the one month time limit was for it to reach the $900,000 mark, at which point all the pledges would be cashed in on and the game would go into production. Is it possible that if people kept buying after the end of the initial month, that the stretch goals could be achieved that way?

I know it poses a problem in terms of planning for Uber, because it might force them to make changes to development plans whilst the game is being made in light of additional funding. Though if it could be done that way it would be cool and dramatically increase the chance of of hitting all 5 stretch goals.
  5. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

I don't see any reason why Uber couldn't keep accepting paypal donations through their website following the Kickstarter and potentially put those towards the stretch goals?
  6. boolybooly

boolybooly Member

How is the galactic game going to depict moving from one star system to another. How is each scenario going to start?

Do you turn up with one commander as though you have just traversed the interstellar void and then choose a drop zone anywhere in the system and find a way to eradicate the enemy, or is it going to be set start locations?

Or do you get to create a taskforce in the sytem you are attacking from and send it by some means to a planet in the system you are attacking?

Or can you actually see the other star systems in the battle map and go there the same way you would go to locations inside a system? Maybe ride an asteroid!!
  7. dkp

dkp New Member

I hope we get Galactic War goal. It will be awesome. :D
  8. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

So will Galactic War be played in a realtime setting, or an instanced setting where you fight over a few planets at a time?

Like, could there be a 40 player game or something where the two sides eventually kill everyone till there are 2 players standing that control all the remaining planets and duke it out in a massive battle?

If it's realtime, then I am incredibly psyched about this. If it's instanced, I don't really see the appeal, but I guess until they release more info on how it works I shouldn't make a judgement.
  9. kryovow

galactic war will not be realtime. It will rather be a strategic map, where you initiate single battles.

40 player games still are possible within or outside of galactic war, i think
  10. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Alright, not as hype about GW as I was before, still sounds fun though.

As long as I can have large numbers of players in a realtime battle I'll be happy.
  11. comham

comham Active Member

Will there be an advantage for invading a planet while you already hold 7 more in the last 3 systems? Just wondering about metagame stuff. I guess you might start with an upgraded commander or something, or a satellite already in orbit.
  12. kryovow

who knows. How should anyone know? It isnt even started yet.
  13. Causeless

Causeless Member

Yes; you could still get 40 players. That was the goal for the real-time missions. I imagine we'd be able to get at least the same amount of people playing in the galactic war, also. It's like a meta-game on top, that you invade over the course of weeks instead of couple hour long play sessions.
  14. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

hmm.. actually i thought first it is real time, but well that makes more sense..

Will you be able to move from one planet of another system to another one? or rather can one asteriod/planet from other system move to another one.

well "will" it more a discussion than if its really know, because we are not yet there lol.