Galactic War

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mushroomars, September 7, 2012.

1. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I have one question about this: Will servers run a Galactic War scenario, where players can join a faction, and fight for that faction? Like a gigantic 'conquest' server, where players can wage battles at individual solar-systems for galactic control, and the ultimate goal of a faction is to conquer the entire galaxy.

I guess it'd be a competitive league-type thing, less appealing to casual players.

But I guess that depends on how Uber handles the servers, and I'm hoping they make it so that players can host their own servers, and matchmaking isn't the *only* way to join games.

If they add this, it will remind me so much of the good days of Mechassault 2 I think I will personally fly to the Uber headquarters and give everyone there a hug.
  2. xephar

xephar New Member

On the other hand, Galactic War allows players to wage an ongoing offline campaign against the AI in a persistent single-player campaign, which will appeal to casual gamers.
  3. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

I personally would enjoy this more.

Nothing wrong with human players but I like playing by myself more.
    Last edited: September 7, 2012
  4. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I basically made a thread to ask that specific question.

A globally ranked 'standard' galactic war is cool, but pretty much I'd just rather play a long campaign with my own friends on our own server rather than playing with strangers.