Project Update #8: Galactic War (New Stretch Goal)Disccusion

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neophyt3, September 7, 2012.

1. zordon

zordon Member

Re: Project Update #8: Galactic War (New Stretch Goal)Disccu

Ye of little faith.
  2. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

To achieve this goal, we need to get gas giants, lava/metal planets AND then galactic war.
    This is a total of, at current time of post:

$516,221 that need to be raised in the next 7 days, 13 hours, and 26 minutes.

Unless we receive a large boost due to outside advertisement and/or support from famous gamers, we will not reach it within the time period allocated to us.
  3. zordon

zordon Member

Most kickstarters have a very good last couple of days. If PA follows this trend, it might even make it to stretch goal 5.
  4. skunkyger

skunkyger Member

It's going to be really close.

Is that enough faith? :p
  5. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

Do want.
    Skeptic about if we'll make it, though.
  6. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Then hurry and post the last stretch goal. Even if we don't get to it, it might convince some people to try, which will at least get us this stretch goal :D
  7. warexe

warexe New Member

Man, it just gets better and better...

Really hope they get this in the game.
  8. ppipp

ppipp New Member

I thought the Galactic War was included in the stock game concept, as a multiplayer platform herited from Boneyard. I totally get that the equivalent of a single player campaign is a strech goal but am very disappointed that the multiplayer Galactic War is a strech goal too.

It seems to me that this game will only be complete if all strech goals are met and half baked if it's not the case. I am worried.
  9. Spooky

Spooky Member

10. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

I agree :(. I try already to get more and more people to pledge.
    In some way I want pledge 1k for my own commander xD, but well I cant do that.. need some money for my apartment too XD. I really REALLY hope they wont stop the skretch goals completely after kickstarter.

Please let the paypal donation open after kickstarter for giving the possibility to reach the skrech goals or make the skretch goals as addons!
  11. luukdeman111

luukdeman111 Member

Well... We need around 3k per hour to make 1,8 mil. And since the stretch goal has been revealed it averaged around 3,7 per hour and I'm still guessing there's going to be a end of project boost
  12. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

well I have to agree, since the t-shirt examples and the new tiers, we made cleary much more pledges, which is awesome! But anywhen, the boost will end too, so I am still unsure.

On the other side, I know from myself, when I liked a project, but didnt want pledge yet, i often just gave it on remind me and then I pledged it in the last 48h. So who knows!
  13. allot

allot Member

Hope they include the paypal donations when taking into account for reaching streachgoals. Otherwise it feels like the chance is not that great that we reach this.
  14. thedbp

thedbp Member

They already confirmed that the paypal contributions will count towards the stretch goals

15. hyperforce

hyperforce New Member

I'm very interested in the galactic War Metagame:

It will depend on if it is a multi-player or singleplayer metagame but lets discuss this:

It would be very interesting if you can say, bring a battle station (metal planet) you repaired in one match to the next. So you can call upon resources from nearby star systems. (Distance = call down timer). Or upgrade a metal planet this way by combining 2 metal planets together.

Imagine building an experimental inter galactic transport in one match and summon it to the next battle loaded with resources or units. Or imagine being able to summon your battle-station from a nearby galaxy and after 30 minutes having it enter the battlefield.

Some of these summons can be linked to the "special missions".

It depends, if its a single player campaign, perhaps allow certain summons to be disabled on multi-player, but lets sum some up:

One special mission Scenario would be where you must defend an inter galactic transport from enemy forces while also loading it up with as many units/resources as possible with no way of ultimately defeating the enemy force. You must ensuring the ship can leave orbit (destroy orbital interception units?). In multi-player, one player/team gets a constant stream of reinforcements/resources to send/spend, while the other one has a base with the evac ship.

Or a scenario where you are on a timer because the sun is about to go super nova and the only experimental transport is located on the farthest planet from the sun. You have to capture and hold the transport, evac as many units as possible while stopping the enemy from doing the same thing. All the while the sun is slowly growing and growing destroying planets in the process.

(Think of one of the star craft 2 missions where you have to fight an enemy while being chased by solar flares, but then instead of it being a 2D map, its a complete solar system.)

I can probably think up a ton of missions like these and summons that can propagate throughout the galactic war... Really adding in a Metagame and diversifying the game, aside from a singular match.
  16. DrognaN

DrognaN New Member

I'm pretty sure that we will make it to the 4th strechtgoal. Uber definitly had something in mind when they made the difference between stretchgoal 3 and 4 300000$ and not 200000$ like they did with the other strechtgoals.
    They know exactly how many paypal donations were made and set the strechtgoals accordingly.
  17. boolybooly

boolybooly Member

cool, yes please, I like this idea

let the battle of suggestions commence
  18. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

actually this what i think quite interesting!

"Dynamic story system that logs your fight and generates exciting counter attacks and special missions that up the challenge level " if its implemented like I think, then the campaign is not needed. (logging your archievements in the game and make up new side 'quests' or side short stories..)

Will these special missions updated with more content after time, will it be possible to make your own missions for the community?
  19. triblade

triblade New Member

Re: Project Update #8: Galactic War Disccusion

I personally only touch Skirmish. That's almost the 'galactic war' they are talking about, but with a vengeance.

What I would have loved to see is water planets replaced by this. Gas giants are cool and this as well, but water planets? Couldn't care less.

But remembers, they aren't philanthropists! They need to make money as a company ánd have bread on their tables every day. So if they put a very cool stretch goal deliberately far away people could be swayed to pay/pledge more. This is a good strategy to make money. Besides, who says this isn't going to be in anyway? ;)
  20. agmarstrick

agmarstrick Member

I rather suspect that the difference is 300k because it will cost 300k to build Galactic War. It certainly sounds more substantial than a new planet type & class of units.