New $150 Tier

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Polynomial, September 6, 2012.

1. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Which in this case would probably be to 'grow up'. :lol:
  2. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Yes, some names like that may need an alternative. Something less vulgar, like "The *** End of the Universe".
  3. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

FTFY.
  4. amplexor

amplexor New Member

It's getting a bit confusing with all those Add-ons! xD As far as I Understood, for 150 I'll get:
    Is that correct? :roll:

Btw do I need to add the 15€ for international shipping on any tier below 100??
  5. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Sorry, but now. You could get 7 game keys (each being $20 x 7 = 140)
    OR
    3 beta keys (each being $40 x 3 = 120 [4 would be 160, which is over 160])
    OR
    2 T-Shirts (1 from the $100 + 1 from $30 = $130)

You don't get all of those, and if you pick any of those you lose out on the $150 tier (you won't have a planet named after you). Basicly, this is more for people that want to get extra stuff if they payed over a tier, but don't want the money wasted ($170 = $150 tier + and extra game key), or if they want to get stuff for their friends too.

EDIT: No shipping costs on stuff bellow $100 tier because it's all electronic.

EDIT2: Not sure if the rolling eyes is meant as sarcasm towards the quote, and if that included the shipping question or not.
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

$150 Tier gets you:
    • A game key e-mailed to you & digital download
    • Exclusive wallpaper download
    • Early download and access to the game during alpha & beta stages
    • Digital download of the soundtrack
    • Access to the exclusive backer forums
    • Limited edition in-game Progenitor commander, only available to backers
    • Limited edition in-game Alpha commander, only available to backers
    • Digital art book
    • Your name in the credits
    • Commemorative limited edition full size game box
    • Exclusive backer t-shirt (Choice of size in one of three unique designs)
    • Three limited edition commander miniatures each over 3” tall
    • Your name as a planet in the game

Additional keys or shirts are bought by pledging more than the base amount for the tier you select.
    Game keys are $20 each or $50 for three.
    Game keys with beta access are $40 each or $100 for three.
    Extra shirts are $30 each.
    International shipping is $15.

So, if you want the $150 tier and a second shirt you'll need to pledge $180 ($150 base + $30 for the shirt) or $195 ($150 base + $30 for the shirt + $15 shipping) for an international order.
  7. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Okay, I didn't know about the parts I highlighted in red.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah I asked for this, too.
    But I ended up going to 250 in the end xD
    You got me by waiting so long until the 150$ tier came. Now I cant go back without losing face, so instead I'll add even more for an additional tshirt :)

Maybe you should explain this somewhere at the upper part of the home on kickstarter many people seem to get this wrong.
  9. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

awesome tactic!

Now with the great T-shirts and the new Rewards people will get weak and pledge more :p. I even think about pledging 50$ more for a planetary name. In someway I hope we get much more backers, but somehow I hope we dont get so many 150$ backers :p I want at least see my planet one time too xP.

[Suggestion]: When you play a multiplayer game and you are one over the 150$ backer then your name planet is here too!
  10. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Actually, this is leading me to another question, with so many prize now being given away, will you still earn enough money to make the game/stretch goals at the same price? I mean, imagine if the people donating $10,000 suddenly asked for 300 shirts. That would hurt your goal bad, no?
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Even at the $10000 tier the base rewards are technically defined as only one shirt, and one copy of the game. That $10k is buying them access to significantly more access to information about the game early and through out the process with a voice on aspects of the game others won't get, as well as their name immortalized as a unit, a planet, and that custom commander. It is not buying them 300 shirts, though we have been known to let official visitors to the office grab a few bits of swag when they visit.
  12. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

well I guess he meant, when he is using e.g. the 100$ reward, but pay 10k and the rest using for extra t-shirts
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Well then you're paying for the extra shirts, nothing really confusing I'd think. Frankly the more shirts they sell the better as they can get a better bulk discount possibly.

Mike
  14. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

If someone really wants to do that, then yes, it's more expensive up front for us than selecting the $10k tier.
  15. corhen

corhen Member

i think you should reguard them as "extras"... if you want an extra key, pay 20 dollars more.
  16. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

That's exactly what I was talking about. I don't honestly expect someone to pay that much just to get a bunch of shirts, instead of having their name immortalized in the game, but you never know :/
  17. Gerblagna

Gerblagna New Member

In a similar vein (I apologize that this is a bit off topic from the OP), if a person donates 50 but want an additional beta key for $40, how do you know which tier they want ($90 tier or the $50+ beta key)?

Thanks!
    Last edited: September 6, 2012
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

they will send out an email to every backer at the end of the campaign, asking you to specify anything they need to know ;)
  19. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

On Kickstarter you can choose which base reward tier you want, then at the end of the kickstarter campaign we'll send everyone a survey that will give you the option to choose any additional rewards, as well as change your reward tier level (though not your pledge amount). No doubt we'll run across some people who needed to include international shipping, and for those people we'll likely have them send additional money to us via PayPal. PayPal pledges will be sorted by email address for totals and a similar survey will be sent to them to let them choose their rewards.

We don't at this time know if the survey we send out will be done via Kickstarter or if we will be writing our own solution much like Reaper recently did for their Bones campaign. Our options may be more complex than what Kickstarter's system is designed to handle, but we're no where near what Reaper is dealing with now.
  20. Bpol21

Bpol21 New Member

So if i'm at the $90 Pledge how much more do i need to put for 2 games or 2 beta/alpha keys?