Downloadable Content

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by InsolubleFluff, November 30, 2010.

1. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Monday Night Combat has already seen a free title update and with tomorrow's free DLC we see yet another update. However, what I am wondering is what the people think to paying for DLC in the future?

I for one believe that tomorrow's update is going to be incredibly generous and fix a lot of issues that spoil the game for people currently. However, not every bug is being fixed. Would the people that play Monday Night Combat be willing to fork out Microsoft Points for a much fuller DLC update? What would you like to see in this update? How much would you be willing to pay?

I think I'd pay 400 microsoft points if the game features one new map and a list of bug fixes and balances.

800 microsoft points if the game features two or three new maps, one more additional feature (possibly game mode?), plenty of fixes and balances.

Though, I imagine the fixes and balances would be free for everyone since we can't all play different versions. However, I wouldn't want a new DLC content that didn't have an update come at the same time to tweak the game slightly.

So then, how much would you pay and how much would you want for your money's worth?
  2. DeceptiveAlarm

DeceptiveAlarm New Member

So far I have 15 bucks wrapped up into honestly gameplay wise, the best game I've bought in years. If the next DLC would have a few maps I will pay just about anything.
  3. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Thanks to this game, I will buy anything Uber comes out with.

MNC has been my fave game since it came out.

Uber makes it. I buy it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have something on my nose..... ;)
  4. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

Tomorrow's update?

If you're thinking it has to be tomorrow because they said "November" and tomorrow is the last of "november" then I think you're in for disappointment. That said, i'm gonna go click some clickin-things and see if I can find some announcement.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I would gladly pay $15 again for each of the two remaining DLC packs. Just so I can support Uber Ent. ;)

I've gotten my money's worth out of MNC at least 4 times over. :mrgreen:
  6. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

K, I just looked at a calendar (today is the last day!) and also, I saw some thread where everyone ran off speculating that it had to be tomorrow because updates come out on wednesdays. Combined with a "should be next week" twitter. So... the official position is best described as "tentatively hopeful" -- which, for those following the action, has been the same since the big reveal. So nothing changed, except that time has passed.

I want it to come out tomorrow too, but I'm not holding my breath. We're talking Microsoft, here, and they think they're "so cool".
  7. Zigzag2020

Zigzag2020 New Member

Most DLC that comes out usually has a few bug fixes or options that everybody gets no matter what regardless of if they get the DLC or not.

Onto the topic though I would shell out 1200ms maybe a bit more. Size of MS points should vary based on how much content they are giving though like you said.
  8. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Er nobody noticed the change on forum's top bar? It says Dec 1st.

It's definitely tomorrow.
  9. DEMONIC HAT

DEMONIC HAT New Member

I for one would pay the full price of the game again for say 3-4 new maps. I have played Halo: Reach, Fable 3, and COD: BlackOps since this game came out and I always stop playing those to come back to MNC. One of my favorite games of all time to date. Keep up the good work UberEnt, because I'll be a customer for a long time with these quality updates and great community that's managed here.
  10. Moosk

Moosk New Member

pff...nerds look at banners....us cool kids are too busy with our shutter shades and our hip lingo....

as far as paying for more DLC, there is no price i wouldnt pay for UBER!!

edit: speaking of shutter shades....if we get to customize our clones in a later DLC, how about some for the assault? :lol:
  11. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

Oh, the banner :shock:

You'd think it would have been twittertweeted or whatever.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

13. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

bah. not when I checked :)
  14. banaqior

banaqior New Member

Yeah, I would pay another $15, No problem. It would be totally worth it, its the best damn game I've bought for $15.
  15. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

I also would pay whatever they asked. This is my favorite game, ever, of all platforms. Even if I suck, I still have a blast.
  16. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

I also LOVE this game and would also pay whatever they asked, but if it was more than $20 I would be on the forum while the DLC was still loading and i would be moaning and complaining about how great it was back in the days when DLC 's were free.

But the point is , I would of paid.

Does that make me an MNC zombie???