Assassin back grapple glitch?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by F5in, November 29, 2010.

1. F5in

F5in New Member

I just played with an assassin that would back grapple me 100% of the time, even though almost every time he was in front of me.
  2. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

As much as I think this is a cop-out of sorts, I'll say it anyway: it's lag. And yeah, it's unpleasant. When I'm staring an assassin in the face only to be back-grapple insta-killed by that same assassin, my controller begs for mercy as I contemplate throwing it at a wall.

I sometimes wonder aloud why I pay the amount I do for a solid internet connection when laggy players seem to have some sort of an advantage.

I'm not joking.
  3. F5in

F5in New Member

I understand where you're coming from but I was a Tank and it was on LazeRazor. Almost every time he would run straight at me in a corridor and grapple my face (I killed him a lot but sometimes he got close to me) and every single time it was a back grapple. I heard from someone in my party that you can turn to the left and you get an auto-back grapple even to the front but I'm not sure.
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

I'll test this tomorrow actually and get back to you guys.
  5. PhiyerBayse

PhiyerBayse New Member

People say it's lag, but it definitely has something to do with grappling at the side and turning into a back grapple.
    I play with a pretty high sensitivity and, as a result, move my view a lot when I'm lunging. Usually an assassin will grab me at the side and it magically turns into a back grapple. Very frustrating.
    This pretty much sums up my frustration.
  6. Fenolio

Fenolio New Member

You may be on to something with the "looking left thing", cause in halo (i know i know :roll: ), if you melee someones left or right shoulder from the side it turns into an assasination. So its most likely a combination of this + lag.
  7. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Playing as an Assassin, i noticed the complete opposite, when i am directly behind some and i grapple.. it turns into a front grapple, quite annoying actually as something that should of gotten me a kill ends up killing me.

I'm sure its half and half, on other players' screens it looks like a front grapple turns into a back grapple, while for an Assassin somtimes a back grapple turns into a front grapple. Its all lag, proposed by the Devs awhile ago when i made a thread about it.
  8. Jenglish85

Jenglish85 New Member

I've noticed this also and it's quite annoying I don't think it's lag because how can the assassin be the only character lagging?