A great big "Thanks!" to the Planetary Annihilation devs

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Causeless, September 2, 2012.

1. Causeless

Causeless Member

Thank you guys very much! You're making an awesome game, and have an awesome attitude to go along with it :D

You've repeatedly shown yourselves making gameplay changes based off of the communities opinion, even in this very pre-mature state of the game. Not just small things like unit balance, but big great things like internal engine features.

When I asked for help or questions on the Kickstarter, I got a reply from a dev in literally 30 minutes. That'd dedication, and it shows you care about the community. You guys are really nice, and I can say this much: we are all eagerly waiting for your game.

So, everyone, I think we better say thanks!
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

3. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

It is nice seeing this, I guess that's the beauty of not being tied to a publisher's demands for MAKE WHAT MAKES THE MOST MONEY.

I don't really have any illusions about how much influence we really have - all these stupid posts about if gravity should be super-realistic or not must have the team rolling their eyes right out of their heads - but I imagine they're using the forum as a bit of a think tank to grease the wheels and get the ideas going, an idea springboard.

I'm hungry for a sammich right now.
  4. neutrino

We're definitely using the forum as a place to help fine tune ideas.

Certainly plenty of people have ideas that are outside the scope of the game but there are also a lot of interesting discussions going over very real tough design issues.
  5. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Sadly you are one of the few :(. I guess that makes you special :)
  6. neutrino

Something else to keep in mind is that it's very early on in the process. Kickstarter is basically causing us to open up much earlier than normal. This will have interesting side effects I'm sure.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

A big official THANK YOU from me, too.

Oh and also take all the money I can spare.
  8. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

THANKS TOO
    REALY GREAT WORK.
    @UBER Realy no Dev Team would do such a thing.Only you and i love you for that THANKS.
    After waiting so long for Generals 2 and now its F2P ..... (CENSORED cause: Awesome inhumanity rage) ;)
  9. klarostorix

klarostorix New Member

Hey, a big Thanks to the great devs. Anxiously waiting for this Game ;)
  10. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Yes, massive gratitude from me too. I'm a bit old to be getting excited about computer games, especially the way the game industry has changed as it has matured.

But a new follow-up to the best game ever? Well I'm at least as excited as I was when I heard about Supreme Commander, probably moreso as hindsight gives the devs a better idea of what is good and what isn't. Three cheers for Uber!
  11. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Oops, pressed quote instead of edit. Sorry! :)