Digital-Only $100 tier?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ghargoil, September 1, 2012.

1. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

Hi Uber, and all,

Was wondering if it would be possible to have a digital-only equivalent of the $100 tier. So, no box, no t-shirt, and no miniatures? I'm not sure what kind of tweaking would be ideal, but extra cop(ies) of PA or a lower price would both be nice.

Thanks!
  2. thedbp

thedbp Member

exactly, one of the only reason that I'm not upgrading to the 100$ tier, is that if something gets shipped from America to Bulgaria you have to go to hell and back for it, it is extremely troublesome.

like if you're not going to pick up the package, you still have to pay for a lot of things, and if you leave it there you have to pay a fee for not picking it up, and picking it up cost a lot of different fees too.
  3. osuapoc

osuapoc New Member

Where in Bulgaria are you? I was in Stara Zagora last summer working at a power plant in Galabovo.

Off topic I realize...
  4. thedbp

thedbp Member

Hah that's cool, well I work for HP in Sofia.
  5. osuapoc

osuapoc New Member

Nice! I was only there briefly to fly in and out of the country.

Interesting place. Had some of that interesting "beer" as my contacts called it... really it was some sort of clear liquor that burned you for days.

Originally from Bulgaria?
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

You're looking for a tier with only:
    • game key with alpha and beta access
    • access to backer forums
    • backer wallpaper
    • digital soundtrack
    • digital art book
    • Alpha & Progenitor commanders
    • your name in the credits
    (I think that's all of the digital only items from all of the tiers up to $100)

Correct? Seems like a reasonable request.
  7. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

Yes please! :D

(And the option, like other tiers, to upgrade and buy extra beta keys and final game keys)
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Count me in too please.
  9. Procinctu

Procinctu New Member

If every higher tier comes with lower tier wouldn't it be automatic? I put in for the $100.00 tier plus $20 extra for another key. Based on this post that sounds like it would be a physical copy and an online copy for the extra serial.

What would be nice is if you got emailed a serial, or in my case 2, and then just the game box with discs. If they mail out the game boxes without any serial they could could just email the serial and just give the option for full download or disc install. Seems like a simple solution.

One less thing to put in the box that is unique per box (cost cut down?) and that should solve the issue of waiting for the game, but still the the box and discs later.
  10. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

If people are trading away the physical items, they're going to expect something in return, and if you simply lower the price you could loose tens of thousands of dollars in pledges as people downgrade.
  11. burlayz

burlayz Member

I thought all of the addons were retroactive

For example, pledging 100$ would get you 6 extra keys for the full game and 3 beta keys
  12. Procinctu

Procinctu New Member

I want the physical items personally, but emailing the key may allow both options and make it easier to ship as no unique key needed per box. The bonus would be the ability to download before the discs arrive.

Seems like a win for both sides.
  13. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

While i've got the 100 dollar teir as well, i dont really want the stuff and will demand that they spend the money for mailing and such on bacon.
  14. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Yes, I would also like this. Not to be blunt about this, but I'm a digital man in the digital era and don't care in the slightest for the miniatures or any other physical reward and would much rather that you spent that money on the game. Or gave some of it back to me :p
  15. corhen

corhen Member

addons like that is for pledging X and only asking for Y's reward, AKA pledging 70.00 and only asking for 50.00 reward will get you an extra key
  16. superroach

superroach Member

Like others have mentioned, the closest you'll get at this point would be to get the 40 dollar version (alpha), and then pay extra as needed.

You basicly pick your pledge level, but can still select how much you want to pay over that.
  17. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

The $40 version is for beta, not alpha; additionally, there is no alpha and progenitor commander access.
  18. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

At $40 you get access to the game during beta, but not alpha. Right now the only way to get alpha access is the $100 tier which also gets you physical items. As of now there's no way to get access to the game during the alpha stage with out also getting physical items.

As for the addons for additional game keys, there seems to be some confusion about that which I believe we'll be doing another update on. However corhen has the right idea.

If you select the $20 tier and pledge $20 you get one game key that gives you access to the game on public release.
    If you select the $20 tier and pledge $40 you can get two game keys ($20 base + $20 additional).
    If you select the $40 tier and pledge $40 you get one beta key, which gets you early access to the game starting during the beta stage.
    If you select the $40 tier and pledge $60 you get one beta key and can get one game key with out beta access ($40 base + $20 additional).
    If you select the $40 tier and pledge $80 you get one beta key and can get either one additional beta key or two additional game keys with out beta access ($40 base + $40 additional).

I hope that makes sense.
  19. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Anyone else think it's about time Kickstarter introduced a shopping cart?
  20. Spooky

Spooky Member

What exactly happens, if something gets shipped from America, or any other foreign country to you? :shock: