Planet transforming

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by egu, September 1, 2012.

1. egu

egu New Member

Grate news about the new stretch goal, as I see it will complete the circle of planetary annihilation. (According to my KS App for Android we will pass $1.5M, hope for the best!)

To keep this to a small budget this is my suggestions.

Planet destruction

Two weapons:
    • Asteroids (Already confirmed)
    • Planet Core Bomb (Not confirmed)
      • Could be created on a metal planet?
      • Drilled to the center of the planet?

Actions:

(Note, I will call the first kind of planet Green Planet as it have trees :) )
    • Water planet + Asteroid crash --> Green planet or Lava planet
    • Green planet + Asteroid crash --> Lava planet
    • Lava planet + Planet Core Bomb --> Gas planet
    • Gas planet + Planet Core Bomb --> Asteroid belt

Note: if no Planet Core Bomb will be developed then Asteroid can do the same but then we can't take the circle back...

Repair an planet

Some players might actually what to repair planets, it might even be needed to get some cool units that only can exists (or start on) specific planets types.

Tools:
    • Volcano blocker, need to be applied to every volcano. This can be implemented as the green stuff that came out of the worker unit.
    • Asteroids.

Actions:
    • Gas planet + Asteroid --> Planet collapse in to Volcano planet
    • Volcano planet + Volcano blocker --> Planet become an Green planet/Water planet
      • As all the volcanoes stop water suddenly spring out of the planet all over the place ignoring where the gamers have there units/bases and so on.
      • If little or medium amount of water --> Green planet.
      • If large amount of water --> Water planet.
    • (Optional) Several asteroids crashing together --> New Moon.
    • (Optional) Several moons crashing together --> Lava planet.

Comments

Haven't figured out how at "metal planets" to the equation as they are space stations.
    • They might self assemble them self when blowing up planets/moons with large bases on them.
    • Or become to life when a gas planet with large bases on them get hit by an asteroid. (Think superman's crystals)
    • Not at all, there are only a limit number of metal planets, and when destroyed they are no more

To implement this at least the first two steps (Planet transforming). Only a 2 new tools are needed. Where one can be done by workers green struff (see trailer). Also a week or so in the graphic department to add the new effects.

/BR EgU
  2. wolfox007

wolfox007 New Member

Transformation: Green planet -> Gas giant and Gas giant -> asteroid belt makes no sense.
    Remove the Gas giant, and will work just fine (Planet > kaboom -> asteroids).
  3. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Why would a water planet turn into a green planet? ALL the water will evaporate and it will turn into a lava planet
  4. allot

allot Member

5. egu

egu New Member

wolfox007: Depend on how you lock at it. I see it like that one can change the planet nature to be able to build units and harvest resources that I can build/harvest on Green planets. But also this can be a tactical advantage to change the game in your favor and still prolong the game. But the final result can depend on how big rock you through at the planet.

rick104547: Sorry I didn't spell out my complete thought. The idea was that if you throw a small rock the water would absorb the energy and not all of the water would evaporate. Therefor it would transform into an green planet. The water would eat the energy first as an shield. But if you throw a big rock get an volcano planet directly or even an caboom :)

This would obvious prolong the game. I might even be an option when starting the game what will happen when you throw stuff at planets :)

/EgU
  6. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Ignoring the specifics of your process, I like this idea very much!
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Seems a bit unreal.

Plants growing on a suiteable planet? Fine, speed up the natural growth by factor 10 and it is kind of reasonable.

But complete terraforming of a whole planet? No way, even just cooling down a molten planet so far that it would have a solid surface would take millions of years, there is nothing terraforming attemps could do. The amount of energy you would need to draw of the planet would be sufficient to power interstellar beam artillery...

There is nothing wrong in having some kind of tides on planets which lowers / raises the water level, depending on the position of the moons. But you can't just change the type of a planet.

Other point btw.: Distinction between planets with liquid and such with solid core? A liquid core is required to create a magnetic field which allows life on that planet, but in return any meteor will scatter the surface of the planet, turning it into a huge lava field which is fatal to any ground units for half an eternity. A solid core planet on the other hand will just get a new crater, but the terrain stays usable and can easily be claimed again.
  8. rab777

rab777 New Member

I'm against the idea. Turns KEWs into a terraforming technique. Were blowing stuff up, not creating it.
  9. thapear

thapear Member

I agree with this.