Hosting Options Poll

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by warrenkc, September 1, 2012.

?

What type of hosting options would you like to see?

Poll closed September 11, 2012.
  1. Hosting setup/options like Supreme Commander 2

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Hosting setup/options like Supreme Commander:Forged Alliance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hosting setup/options like FA Forever

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Hosting setup/options like Spring RTS

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Hosting setup/options like Total Annihilation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hosting setup/options with settings for everything imaginable

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  7. Other - Please describe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Okay please pick your style of hosting that you would like to see in Planetary Annihilation! Max:2

You know when you go to host a game, wouldn't it be nice to have options available for people who want a certain style? Personally, I would like to see lots and lots of options and intelligent programming/connectivity where if a map is changed, or a mod is changed, that the lobby handles that in a good way instead of causing a problem. I think it would be nice to have options for the host for many game elements... Just show summary of these when you mouse-over the host settings button in the lobby or the list of games. If someone wants to host a game where it is Assassination mode, and economy style like SupCom2, please let them, perhaps they have friends who want to play that way. If someone wants to play hardcore let them host that way. To me, allowing lots of settings for the host is very important for a good multi-player experience.

Thank you for voting.

Warren
  2. superroach

superroach Member

Could somone elaborate on the difference a bit more?
  3. Nullberri

Nullberri New Member

This is a terrible poll,

Vote for a known quantity or vote for infinity and beyond + unicorns. The differences between the other options are small at best and having a cop out unlimited answer wont provide meaningful feedback.
  4. allot

allot Member

I have to agree with earlier posts.
    The polls is not very good.
    It feels like it asks:
    Do you want a bad hosting system or a good one?
  5. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

It is so simple. Just pick the one you thinks sounds the best. The development can team see that people like the simple interface of SupCom2, or perhaps a more nerdy interface with settings for everything.