Feature: UI: Allow control of enemy units for testing

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by coldboot, September 1, 2012.

1. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

When playing skirmish by yourself, one of the hardest things to do is to trigger a specific battle with the enemy when trying to test things out. Even if you have kidnapped the enemy factions and made their units, you can't get them to fight your own units.

It would be great for testing purposes if you could control enemy units that remain hostile to your own.

This could easily be implemented with the sharing interface by allowing players to share units with enemies, but deny the enemy control of those units. It would be weird, but very useful.

Even allow this in multiplayer so you could be enemies with your friends but also share units, so you can test the game out together. It could be enabled by a global cheat switch that every player must agree to before starting the game.
  2. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

I am entirely basing this on a very faulty memory, but wasn't there an option to switch control to another player in TA using the console?

I don't think I ever used it (perhaps once. Again, no idea), but I don't see the harm in adding console commands like this to singleplayer skirmishes.
  3. thapear

thapear Member

You could, indeed, change command to another player in TA.
  4. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Spring has a command "/godmode" which allows you to control every unit, even as a spectator. I think this works fairly well.
  5. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

With the unit creation console in sup com this could be done as well and it was also good to see the messages that proclaimed cheats were being used. but yes having open access to it during alpha and beta would be helpfull.
  6. zidonuke

zidonuke Member

Also a feature in supcom I loved to death, the Unit Creation UI, make anything in the game, and then Copy and Paste units and structures.

It was awesome building a small template base and then replicating it.