Selection of Different Commander Models

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by yogurt312, September 1, 2012.

?

Coolest looking commander

1. Standard

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Progenitor

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Alpha

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

Its a fact that there will be different commander models. So far we have:

Normal Commander
    Progenitor Commander
    Alpha Comander
    1k Custom Commanders

My question is how does one choose between the different commanders. Its another one of those simple problems that is only solved if you recognise its there. So do you always use the most expensive commander or is there an option in player profile to change it?

Because custom commanders can be gifted what if a person has access to more than one?

Because these are all cosmetic changes as well (also because the other topic is not particuarly firtile ground for dialogue), which commander do you think looks the coolest so far? My money's on the progenitor but i've got access to alpha as well which is why i raise the issue.
  2. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I really hope you can't gift the cosmetic changed to people who don't get into the beta/alpha themselves. I think it should be a way to show off that you have been around since the beginning.
  3. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

well, they said if you put in 1 grand for the kickstarter you get a custom commander just for you. people wanted to be able to give a couple of those to their friends and uber said yes.
  4. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

My bad, I should have read that better. I assumed you meant gifting the alpha/progenitor commander. I'm fine with the custom ones being gifted though.
  5. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Loving the look of the Alpha, was so the right pledge decision!
  6. felipec

felipec Active Member

Agreed!
  7. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

that was a misunderstanding you are agreeing with, read the posts after that.
  8. zidonuke

zidonuke Member

There has been some discussion about custom commander keys.

So far it seems we all get a main one then can gift away 5 extra keys, there is some debate on it but those 5 extra keys also grant, alpha, beta, and full game access.
  9. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

yeah i noticed your link to it just then, like the other guy i only went back three pages, fortunantly i gave the thread a secondary purpose with discussion about which commander looks coolest. even if thats only happening in the poll.
  10. felipec

felipec Active Member

I know. I still agree with you when you say that don't sharing your progenitor/alpha commander is a good way to show that you are around since the beginning.
  11. zidonuke

zidonuke Member

I'm considering hording two of my custom commander keys and ebaying them at the games release for 200 minimum bid :p Nice little way to make back my investment.