Help with my bane of a PC?...please :(

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by AndyMatronic, August 25, 2012.

1. AndyMatronic

AndyMatronic Member

Any hardware, PC tech guys here?

I'm having endless problems with this custom gaming PC I bought a few years ago. It's been a constant plight, getting it fixed for some problem or another each summer. It's really frustrating, especially since lately I've actually been USING it for gaming, especially SMNC.

I can get my system specs if you can tell me how, it's probably a problem with the RAM. I usually move my RAM stick things around but a problem always seems to appear regardless, and I don't know the ideal settings for the BIOS. The dodgy company I ordered it from were useless, and rude over the phone, and I couldn't be bothered shipping it off for repair and having to pay for it.

It keeps freezing in game lately, sometimes blacking out after a while, then returning to the game, or leaving games altogether if they're online. Which is frustrating in a game like SMNC because I let down the team or it looks like I'm being salty over losing or something.

Any assistance would be appreciated. :(
  2. eternalist

eternalist New Member

I think your graphics card is crashing or overheating. This happened to me when I used to play Far Cry 2 on my laptop
  3. JWest

JWest Active Member

Check your temps. Download GPU-Zand check if your GPU is overheating. Sometimes an overheating GPU can cause more problems than you might think. Also make sure then inside of your computer is clean overall. Use one of those compressed air cans to get rid of those dust bunnies hiding in your case.
  4. AndyMatronic

AndyMatronic Member

Eternalist, I don't know you know. I think it's the RAM or settings in the BIOS, I have no idea what to do in regards to that though. Years ago I called the company that sold it to me and they walked me through what they thought each setting should be like the "Ai overclock tuner" etc. but I think the settings have gone back to default now.

Sometimes it'll do this beep sound and freeze, usually while browsing I've found. And the sound of that beep just cuts through me. It's like the death toll.

Jwest I'll download that and get back to you, thanks :)
  5. AndyMatronic

AndyMatronic Member

Re: Help with my bane of a PC? Hard drive not recognised

Ok so the other day it froze just as I was starting a SC match, which was embarrassing and I'm sure my team lost because of that, so I decided to switch around my RAM sticks and replug in my hard drive.

I think the mains may have been on because while plugging in the hard drive I think something sparked slightly or gave off a little smoke, and now it's not recognising my hard drive upon start up, and I don't know if I've messed it up completely and sapped it for good.

I shouldn't have messed with it, since it was working fine, I just thought plugging it out and in again might help (lol). Maybe I've got the wires wrong, but there's so many attached to the wires that plug in the back, as well as the SATA wire, and...yeah. I miss my SMNC so much. Anyone? :(
  6. tallpaul02

tallpaul02 New Member

your HDD sounds like it has definitely bit it

was that the only HDD in the system?
  7. AndyMatronic

AndyMatronic Member

Yup. I need to get into the BIOS, see if I can do anything there. I'm googling around but it's exhausting, I've had so much trouble with this computer ever since I got it. Sometimes it's just better to go with the big, monopial retailers and customise from there.
  8. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

...Did you really do that with the power on?
  9. AndyMatronic

AndyMatronic Member

10. killien

killien Active Member

Re: Help with my bane of a PC? Hard drive not recognised

Congrats, you now have a HDD shaped paperweight.
    Never pull hardware when the system is energized.
  11. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

^
    I'm sure AndyMatronic will be chuffed with your solution to his PC problems, but tell me - will that work with my SuperMNCGameClient.exe error as well?