Ask The Holy Veteran

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tiblolan, August 29, 2012.

1. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

How can I practice klawing without going into a game?
  2. playagames

playagames Active Member

Why practice? Just stand in the back and fish until you get a bite.
  3. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

That's what I've been doing and it's not very effective.
  4. emb4

emb4 Active Member

Have you ever rang someone out just to pull them back in and ring them out again?
  5. joshsny

joshsny New Member

Fishing requires quite a bit of finesse to do consistently. Every game, make note of who you try to fish, and which way they dodge. Most players have a direction that they consistently dodge to, or a certain pattern to their movement. Once you have that down, it is hilariously easy to make them rage. My personal favorite is if somebody is popping out from behind a corner at regular intervals to try to avoid you. The same concept goes with using your team vision to see when somebody will come out from behind a wall. They never see it coming.

I tend to try to fish at somebody's head, so I have a better chance to get them if they jump.

I'm always looking for targets, even when my timer is down. Your weapon doesn't take any aiming, so let your eyes wander around the screen looking for prey.
  6. playagames

playagames Active Member

joshsny is pretty much right on about his advice, but no matter what the ka-claw is still a noob skill that gives you cheap as free kills.
  7. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

Every melee weapon would like a word with you, because they are absolutely 100% skill zone, balanced and fit into a shooter.
  8. thipp

thipp New Member

I have seen your mastery of the Claw, and I have done this myself following your example. I have also gotten at least a hundred mid-air claws on people escaping or in the mid of a jump pad jump.

With the power of the claw, Pineapple Pi bows to your mercy.

And the claw is only a 'noob' skill when you're playing against noobs. As Tiblolan has said, Veteran, alongside the mighty Gunner and fragile Sniper break down at high-level play. Anyone can dodge it.
  9. Monarch

Monarch Active Member

What shooter game doesn't have a melee weapon in it?
  10. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Yes, its great for practicing your prediction since your enemy is dead anyway.
  11. thipp

thipp New Member

I recall a while back playing something called "Wolf Team"

It was actually melee-centric, and it. Was. AWESOME.

Think Combat Arms with less hacks, much better graphics, and the ability to become a werewolf at any time who can climb walls.

Ah, the good old days.
  12. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

I've got nothing to think of this atrocity.

And what I mean by "melee weapon" was "SMNC melee weapon" that hits you in a wide tall area if you're even somewhat close to your enemy. You can even jump over, it doesn't matter.
  13. playagames

playagames Active Member

Well shucks if the gunner breaks down at high level play that sure dad gum seems like an excellent reason to balance the sun of a gun!!!!!

How about an ability instead of the ka-claw that actually takes skill to use, holds up in high level play, and doesn't exist only to piss people the **** off?
  14. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

why is this thread alive? Embox has favoritisms, bad mod is bad, SMNCAAU 2012, i wouldnt do these things
  15. thipp

thipp New Member

But the Claw does take skill to use, being one of the hardest to aim and predict skills in the game, and apparently pissing people the **** off means killing them, so it seems most skills are designed to do that.
  16. playagames

playagames Active Member

i'm just sayin'.