Buildable planets or moons

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thedbp, August 29, 2012.

1. thedbp

thedbp Member

just because I want to scream "THAT'S NO MOON" at some point in the game.
  2. sullenone

sullenone New Member

Though I definitely agree that it would be epic to have mega construction I'm not sure how it could possibly be implemented. The only thing that comes to mind is possibly being able to build something if you have a bunch of asteroids or possibly be able to do something with the remains of a destroyed planet. Yet it still just doesn't feel right in my opinion.
  3. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

I think that the current system of just building on moons or large asteroids sounds like it'll work pretty well, but I do agree that it would be all kinds of badass to be able to build your own moon if you think your planet looks lonely =P

But honestly, can't see it being worth the time to do, just give every planet a moon/asteroid belt and you're sorted ><

Mind you, from what I can see, asteroids can be moved, as well as smashed
  4. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Yeah, sounds like too much ...

I mean in the vid, you see the asteroid with a drive, but you can also see Arty and other structures on the surface, I think asteroids can be used in many ways, not just smashing but also for orbital bombardment. :)
  5. thedbp

thedbp Member

well they are already talking about orbital development in regards to the gas giants, I was just thinking you'd make a space station and instead of just let it be a small beacon, you'd be able to expand it, and expand it, and expand it until at some point you have a small moon, big moon small planet, you catch my drift.

[​IMG]
  6. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

I dunno, kinda want it after that amazing rendition XD

But I get that feeling that orbital structures will be able to do something similar, I was thinking more of making your own moon that you can build actual structures on, not a mini-death star =P
    Last edited: August 29, 2012
  7. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

That was... persuasive
  8. rick104547

rick104547 Member

I say yes for artificial asteroids/moons. I want my deathstar xd.
  9. nateious

nateious Active Member

A horizontally rotated version of this image has been added to my wallpaper folder. :lol: So awesome.
  10. sullenone

sullenone New Member

And many of my doubts have suddenly disappeared.
  11. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

It would help if your scumbag enemy destroyed almost everything :lol:
  12. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

I think that's what they're going for actually

The whole point of this game is that the war has been raging forever and it's claiming entire planets that are then useless, and while the lengthier battles ensue, commanders have to fight on increasingly small pieces of land, ending up with maybe one or two asteroids left to fight over, which sounds very cool to me =P

On the other hand, being able to build your own planet would therefore give you a very big, if costly, advantage, and would be pretty interesting
  13. christopher1006

christopher1006 Member

I'm thinking that it would be cool to build high density synthetic orbital bombardment lets call them 'asteroids'. Basically you could select the percentage of planet destroyed by crashing and the size required would be built. It could be like a gigantic game of pinball in the end when there's only two actual asteroids or moons left trying to hit the 'asteroid' back and forth with missiles and other asteroids hoping your opponent will run out of things to defend themself before you run out or come up with something to get out of the way.
  14. sullenone

sullenone New Member

On a similar subject it would be interesting to consider the general subject of large space structures. A large space factory need not be a moon or planet of its own to be impressive. Similarly a structure that partially surrounds a planet or a planet itself being heavily terraformed into something more industrial.
  15. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

As cool as it'd be to enact all your Death Star fantasies I just don't see the need once you can start shunting asteroids about to go build your own.
  16. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I see where this is going.....

[​IMG]

:lol:
  17. thedbp

thedbp Member

18. acey195

acey195 Member

Nice animation you made there :D

Also I guess the new stretch goal makes this thread obsolete/successful?
  19. thedbp

thedbp Member

Thank you, and I'll go with successful as the first thing I wrote in the thread was

so I got exactly what I wanted

[​IMG]