Ask The Holy Veteran

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tiblolan, August 29, 2012.

1. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

For those who don't know me, I am the holy veteran and I'm running for president. I have existed since time was created and have been here since alpha mnc. I have extensive knowledge on the mechanics of the klaw and killing methodologies. AMA

~~
    A vote for Tiblolan is a vote for the future! Spread the word. Tib 2012!
  2. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

Can I be your Vice President?
  3. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Setup an appointment with me and we can talk about it
  4. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

How to Tib?
  5. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

I would like to be your running mate.
  6. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

Will taxes on bronies become official?

will you make harry say he likes tf2?

will you help remove anarchy from forums?

will you make ppl stop making ask threads?

will you bann everyone with the words ''troll'' in theyr name?

am I making too many questions?
  7. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Let the klaw be an extension of your soul. It is, however, a living being itself, so you must treat it with care. It is your greatest teammate and friend.
  8. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Tiki Tourny final round summation of Veteran play.
  9. soviet15

soviet15 Member

Will your political party banish the unholy whiners of the forums?
  10. chickenboo

chickenboo New Member

What do think of my thesis about Combat Girl's synergy with Vet? I believe that Vet is CG's BFF yet also her main predator on the opposing team. A Good CG can fend off any commando, but a lucky klaw is basically a death sentence.

On the other side of the fence, CG and Vet is a deadly combination. CG sets up traps so anyone pulled into a cat nest is NOT getting away regardless of their mobility, not mention Vet's quick grabs sets up for some devastating Grapple/Laser Combos which also dooms anyone that's not a full health Enforcer.

Your opinion on this?
  11. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

A more serious question, how did you even get to become The Holy Veteran?
  12. kelaros

kelaros New Member

Fishing is a good job, mate?
  13. joshsny

joshsny New Member

My friend and I duo queue CG/Vet all the time, and it works wonders. A guaranteed second grapple, a laser timed to hit just after my grapple finishes, fortify if a commando decides to get ballsy and jump us, and the safety of having a nest. Good times.

Not to mention, that because vet is a sub-par bot killer, I don't deprive my CG of her bot kills(like she would be if laning with a proper ranged bot killer). On top of that, she tends to get the killing blow on my pulls, so she tends to be overleveled. Very nice.
  14. joshsny

joshsny New Member

15. playagames

playagames Active Member

I got a question for you, why would you use a noob ability like the ka-claw?
  16. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

lolwat
  17. playagames

playagames Active Member

18. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Its answer time.

Most classes combo with veteran pretty nicely. For me, teaming up with people who actually know how to play with my kind of veteran isnt a common occurrence. Just to give you a glimpse of my mindset for a proper CG+Vet combo: Every claw = a kill, your cg should have a 95% hit rate with the laser regardless of position on the map, and vet health should be stabilized after the encounter (for burn dmg and whatnot). Rinse and Repeat.

By being the one to show the world the true power of the veteran, despite the early criticisms of the class.

Be prepared to ring out everyone you meet

I deeply despise the products/endo system, especially products, even though I am forced to use them. I wish massive air could be eradicated from this universe the most. There are probably better experts on the endo system that you could consult. I do talk about them in my Vet guide, so thats a starting place. For products, I run Massive Air, Asbestos, Jumpy Spunky. Never ever use Money Magnet or you will get negative points with me.

Veteran falls apart in the highest levels of play based on current balance, something I have warned about since the beginnings of the game I believe. Of course, its something that the devs and people like ourselves don't understand, and therefore think it is a non-issue.
  19. thipp

thipp New Member

20. tiblolan

tiblolan Active Member

Keep spreading the word. You are only bound by your imagination when you have your klaw at your side.

Tib2012