Oder of Grapples

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Jraw20, November 25, 2010.

1. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Which grapples trump others? Such as if you are an Assault, and you have a level 3 charge grapple and you charge a Tank(Level 2 charge) at the same time, do you grapple him instead of being knocked back?

I ask because this is constantly happening to me on different classes. Tonight, I had another Assault with the level 1 or 2 Charge hit me at the same time I charged him with my level 3, yet it knocked me back and I didn't damage him at all, even when I hit mine first.

I also notice some Assassins can grapple me as a Tank or Assault as I am about to connect with my Charge for a frontal Assassination.

Pretty much my specific question is which grapples are impossible to overcome? And which ones can be used to counter, and win, against others?

I hope I explained this correctly :|
  2. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Its all about lag, supposedly its whoever does it first. But i do notice the Assault's usually trumps the others if done at the same time.
  3. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Shtanky grapples make me :mrgreen: but with an upside down.
  4. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

As far as i know, Sniper>assassin>tank>assault

i'm probably wrong about the tank/assault part
  5. Ian

Ian New Member

YES! Sniper ALWAYS beats me, no matter what class I am grappling with
  6. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I think that the idea that one grapple trumps the other is all in people's heads. I think that one grapple beating another is solely based on timing and lag, the one exception being the assault's charge-grapple, which I believe can be trumped by any other grapple if timed right.
  7. eido740

eido740 New Member

I find that the gunner grapple leaves me smelling like pineapple.
  8. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I my gawsh, this, just THIS! I thought no one else noticed the funny misspelling xD
  9. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

testing on the same xbox would have to be done to be sure, but everytime i've lunged at you taters, i've mashed the hell out of left trigger lol
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Once you submitted a topic you cannot edit it.
  11. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

The thing I don't understand is why the Assassin gets to stop any other grapple with her grapple. I hit one a couple minutes ago with my Assault charge from a pretty good distance away, and she still hit her grapple and canceled mine out completely. And I KNOW that has nothing to do with lag, because she wouldn't try to grapple me from 15 feet away.
  12. ElfControl

ElfControl New Member

HELL YES, Those damn snipers and there skinny little legs always wins in grapples
  13. represent601

represent601 New Member

not for me, the assassin grapple almost never lands first. but that is why I strike before they can grapple me :D and my chain goes like assassin <everything else
    well the tank is the only exception I can usually take them out with little effort on a good day, other days though I have to play it smart!
  14. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

it kind of angers me when i see tons of force being instantly stopped by a 90 pound woman
    just sayin
  15. represent601

represent601 New Member

yeah, people dont like the idea of the idiot who brings the knife to a gun fight actually winning, which to me is all the more reason to be that idiot who brings the knife!! :lol:
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

maybe your charge didnt have the reach to connect with damage or a grapple, which brought you technically standing in front of her at the end of your charge... and then she very well could have grappled you.

and if martial arts and ninjitsu teaches you anything, its how to relocate your opponents force and weight under your own control, and take that tons of force and cancel it out with its own circular momentum until its neutral, and then of course apply a sharp blade into a critical artery.
  17. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

I wasn't that far from her. It happens to me ALL the time.
  18. PhiyerBayse

PhiyerBayse New Member

Of course you can. Where have you been?
  19. DUDE98678

DUDE98678 New Member

One thing I'm almost positive about is that ALL charges and grapples beat the assassins. Especially sniper grapple. If it doesn't appear that way its lag/latency related. Sniper grapple is one level below a Chuck Norris grapple :shock: