Ask Gray Fox

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by grayfox, August 25, 2012.

?

All Pros, barring exploits, are well balanced. Outliers are within Δ10% overall efficiency.

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes, but with greater stretch.

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. No

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I remember it fondly. I had no idea my derp fox face would be so adorable. I still use the Gray Fox insignia for my computer avatars, though.

Attached Files:

2. madpony

madpony Member

Ho thanks. I'm a little hurt but I guess that I deserve it.
    So, I'm gonna try to play more aggresively now.
    About money, yay. Sometimes I don't manage to take a decision on how to spend it.

I realized that I weren't using the skid throw grapple. Like never.
    I guess I should focus on it more.

My ping... well, I'm an EU player. But y'know, europe queue...
    The funny thing is that I played an EU match 2 days ago, and I had the exact same ping than in NA. Pretty strange.

So. Thank you, that's pretty useful.

If I make another video, maybe not now, probably later, would you comment it again ? I really appreciate it.
  3. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

My intention isn't to hurt, but I'm not a gentle navigator. I hope that there's nuggets of information in there you can use. I blame WoW, a little. Played it for 3.5 years. I've lost some calm manner after telling people to not stand in fire so often. Top DPS almost all the time, 4-7 of the 25 raiders holding the entire guild back with mistakes at times. Takes a toll on you, man.

Recently, I got into Guild Wars 2 on Yak's Bend. Fun stuff.
  4. madpony

madpony Member

Well, you ruined my ego. But we need it, sometimes.
    And never played wow nor gw, so I don't get the reference.
  5. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Raids are dungeon instances wherin 25 players most work in unison to fight a foe. The general set up is 17 damage dealers, 3 Tanks, and 5 healers. Alterations generally involve 1 more healer and 2 Tanks. Confident or geared groups run 2 Tanks and drop X healers for X damage dealers. As the monster must keep 25 people active, many of his abilities are positional and AOE centric. Those with worse reaction time suffer the most, and the more they suffer, the less the healers can focus on protecting the Tanks from death.

The most common form of incoming damage is fire on the ground, or at least something bad on the ground. The most common form of raid failure is people not getting out of fire as they burn alive. After telling people to not stand in fire for 3.5 years, and seeing time and time again that some people never learn to get out of the fire, you lose more and more civility when it comes to instruction and expect more from a recruit on the get-go.

As for ruining your ego, I'll say this. You would not be a fun fat man to fight at 40 ping. Not fun at all. Klaw escape percentage would plummet.
  6. qu4ckers

qu4ckers Active Member

the klaw is a projectile, though
  7. myotoxin

myotoxin Member

reaction time is best of a single target resto druid. needs mad skill. <--- what do you have to say to that completely unrelated to anything statment,
  8. mutanteggs

mutanteggs Member

Gray Fox, why did you have OJ at PAX East?
  9. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

What was your average amount of time played per week back in beta/alpha, and what is it today?
  10. bravetriforcer

bravetriforcer New Member

Show us your boobs.
  11. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Orange Juice? I think I had OJ one day. I ate the same thing at the same shop each day. chicken fingers, Mello Yello, and fries. On one day, I had the OJ because I bought a variety of drinks for the guys working the booth. Two Cokes, two Mellos, one Apple Juice, one OJ. It was pretty busy and not everyone could move as much since we were chatting up the audience. We were also paranoid about game integrity on the machines. The drinks saved a few guys a trip upstairs and helped lighten the mood and raise spirits. I ended up giving away the all but a Mello and an OJ, so there you have it.

I drink OJ in general, though that particular type wasn't too enjoyable. It's a magical drink. Stops any illness. I'd walk down a street of hobos swarming around tourists in Shanghai and feel fine long as I had my OJ that day. I've never had a sickness greater than the common cold, and I whimsically base it on my active drinking of milk and OJ. I've seen weak immune systems and even have some in my family - I will not let myself succumb to the same fate.

[​IMG]

Alpha: 25-40 hours
    Beta: 20-35
    Now: 10-20

College + less literal testing to be done + other vidya.
  12. qu4ckers

qu4ckers Active Member

and smnc is getting lame
  13. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Sometimes.

1.43 to 2.86 hours a day sounds like a lot of time to me, man. Specially when there's work to be done.
  14. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

The old dog has to learn new tricks first. Also I'm curious as to if he fetches.
  15. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

What's your stance on Striker balance and why? (sorry if it's been asked before)
  16. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Gray. It holds more ideological weight.

As my poll states, I feel most things are balanced. Only baby featherweight pushes are required in any direction. In fact, I feel SMNC is at the point where if a patch had numerous balance changes, they would mostly be for psychological contentment. When everyone is within 10% efficiency from the mean, it's hard to note any actual alteration in performance from a change.
  17. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

You mean like the (lol) Gunner damage nerf and secret Kitty damage neff?
  18. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

GreyFox, can you believe it's not butter?
  19. claypigeon

claypigeon New Member

Who is your favorite enforcer, and why?
  20. soviet15

soviet15 Member

What is the one character you find the most annoying to face when the person isn't even that good? And if the person is good?