Nintendo

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Scented Midget, November 25, 2010.

1. Scented Midget

Scented Midget New Member

2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I'm a Nintendo fan but I don't like how their games are directed at a younger/casual gamer audience these days.

I loved all the Zelda games but I don't like Wii controls for the most of their games, Zelda was meant to be played on a regular controller.

I only get hyped up for Super Smash Bros now because its always a game that I come back to.

I think the Wii is holding Nintendo back, They need to make a better console with proper online support but I don't think they are going to let the Wii go any time soon.
  3. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Part of me wishes they'd become just another developer so I wouldn't have to fork over cash for a console that I'll exclusively use with their first party titles...
  4. Ellamin

Ellamin New Member

I love Nintendo and all, but i've slowly become put off by them due to them just reusing the same games.

Now don't get me wrong, I love playing Mario and Zelda, but that doesn't mean I want to play a new installment of the same game every year. Yes, it's pretty fun to play Super Mario and jump on the heads of goombas, but when you do the same thing a million times in a row over the course of several different Mario games you tend to wonder if there's something else you can jump on.
  5. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Sorry, but I'm going to disagree with you here. Yes, if you want to over simplify it, then sure, Mario games come down to mostly jumping on the head of your enemy, but personally I think that it's amazing that Nintendo can keep the Mario series going and make every new title feel fresh. If you're going to try and tell me that New Super Mario Bros, Super Paper Mario, and Super Mario Galaxy (all Mario titles for the Wii) are basically the same game, then frankly I think you're crazy.

Yes, Nintendo primarily targets the casual gamer, and there is nothing wrong with that. Personally, I welcome the variety in the video game market.
  6. rhineville

rhineville Member

I own every single nintendo home console except for the wii (and virtual boy but no one counts that). After I looked at my gamecube games and found that after selling the stuff I didn't play anymore I was left with both Rogue Squadron games, SSBM and Eternal Darkness (which desperately needs a sequel) I realized that the Wii wasn't going to be for me. Factor 5 jumped ship (I think) to Sony and I was just starting to get into Halo, The Elder Scrolls and other games for the xbox. Went with a 360, definitely the right choice.

but yes, I'm a fan of nintendo. I'll never be able to forget playing Super mario bros 3 on a black and white tv in the 80's in my TMNT pj's.
  7. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I, like Rhine, own every home console from Nintendo, but I also have a Wii. The only one I don't have is Virtual Boy, but again, no one counts that, haha.

Nintendo gave me my start on games at a tender 1 year old, when I was blasting ducks from the sky into the maw of what I always thought to be a drunken bloodhound.

Since then, I've been an avid gamer. From the womb to the tomb, basically (since my mom played games too, and she would play while pregnant, haha. Go mom)! I'm surprised after 20 years of gaming that my brain hasn't melted like everyone says, but I have great hand-eye coordination! Haha~

Nintendo is experiencing a bit of a wane, yes, but I wouldn't count them out. With such major releases as Kirby Epic Yarn, DK Returns, Metroid Other M, Zelda: Skyward Sword and MOST notably the redux of Goldeneye (which adheres surprisingly well to the original despite lacking the power of Rare), you can tell Nintendo still cares about its veterans as well as liking to tend to a new array of people as well.

And what I'm excited about the most is that they seem to finally get the message we've been sending to Sega, and are fixing Sonic for the better. Sonic 4 is a blast, and Sonic Colors actually doesn't look terrible.
  8. Cardboardwarior

Woah, hey there. Sega finally fixed Sonic, not Nintendo. And it only took years.
  9. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Why won't you guys count the Virtual Boy? I MISS IT. Teleroboxer was great fun, Red Alert was a cool flight game even with the wire-frame crap, and the Wario treasure hunt game was a good platformer.

Mario Tennis was a faithful installment, and just as much fun to play as the N64 version was.

My virtual boy crapped out on me because it got dropped too many times by my siblings, as the stand broke and we'd have to balance it on our face while laying down. They'd lay on the couch and drop it over the side, and it finally couldn't take the abuse anymore.

It was a very sad day for me.

I've had every console for nintendo, and from gameboy advance forward. I still miss my virtual boy.
  10. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

If I'm not mistaken, Virtual Boy was never released in the US. I could be wrong, though, I don't know much about it.

And Sega, under Nintendo's production, fixed Sonic.

It wasn't until Sonic started going multiplatform that he was ruined. Sonic Heroes was okay, but after that he just sank. Sonic 4 is multiplatform, yes, but it was released for Nintendo first, then ported to the others, unlike the other multiplatform Sonic games.
  11. TheJustinIsALie

Sega should make a Sonic adventure 3, Sonic adventure 2 was Sonics best game.
  12. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Agreed.

Sonicc Heroes was actually supposed to be Sonic Adventure 3, but it didn't live up to the last one so they renamed it.
    Shadow was actually supposed to really die in SA2B, but due to demand from fans they brought him back in the form of whatever the heck he is (robot, synthesized, or the actual Shadow that survived a miraculous fall to Earth).
  13. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Agreed. SA2B was the best!

Sonic Heroes was actually supposed to be Sonic Adventure 3, but it didn't live up to the last one so they renamed it.
    Shadow was actually supposed to really die in SA2B, but due to demand from fans they brought him back in the form of whatever the heck he is (robot, synthesized, or the actual Shadow that survived a miraculous fall to Earth).
    Last edited: November 26, 2010
  14. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

I'm sure it was or it wouldn't have been so easy for me to get one or its games.
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i love nintendo, but i simply dont buy much nintendo stuff nowadays.

had i the money, id totally get a wii and a mess of games, and play them half the time.

but i get my exercise-games out of guitar hero (drums), and dance dance revolution.
  16. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Virual Boy was definitely released in the US. My cousin had one and I remember playing Mario Tennis on it as a kid. It's the one Nintendo console I've never owned, but the first time I see a good deal on one I'm getting it.
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

emuparadise.org

try finding an emulator and roms for it there, if its a fairly old system. i know gameboy color is emulatable, perhaps virtual boy is too.
  18. TheJustinIsALie

You should be careful when posting about Emulators.
    I think Emulators are great to play classic games that never sold well or was never released in your country or to just play your old games again, But they are considered illegal.

You shouldn't post any links just to be safe.
  19. Cardboardwarior

Y'know I gotta tell ya... the Virtual Boy was awful. You couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes before getting a headache, and it was about as portable as a console but without the hardware to match.
  20. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Having just seen your age in another thread, you missed out on some fantastic gaming.
    Super Metroid, Zelda - a Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, Super Street Fighter.
    I know they have all been re-released & moved with the times but I don't think I've been
    as fond of any games as much as those four. (and MNC of course)
    I've still got them all in a drawer under my bed. :D

As for Sega: 'Guardian Heroes' anyone? If one game needs to be re-released it's that.
    It's the game Castle crashers wants to be.