What ticks you off the most?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by An Artic Fox, November 20, 2010.

1. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

NUB.LRNMELEEINTEHBOTSGAINSMOARJUICE.
  2. Mellowbusiness

Mellowbusiness New Member

when i go positive 30 and lose.
  3. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Pay more attention to your team than your K/D. Not telling anyone anything they don't already know, but if you're saddled with a group of level 1-30's it's a better idea to concentrate on all around base defense than Pro ownage.
    Last edited: November 24, 2010
  4. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

^This all day. I wish they didn't even keep track of that stat....
  5. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

You know what ticks me off? The sense of entitlement other 99's get (Hey I'm 99 as well, kids) over lower level players because they didn't perform as well as them, or didn't get ridiculously inflated kill-deaths.
    I got my All-Star Sacker tag a long time ago so instead of Pro hunting, I tend to play matches where I'm earning cash, pushing bots and proper turret placement. As a veteran of the game, you gotta show those "n00bz" that MNC is more than just revenge kills and juice rushes.
  6. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Protip:Focus on pushing bots, not killing pros.

This Protip brought to you by Ammo Mule!
    [​IMG]
  7. quidmonkey

quidmonkey New Member

This.

/thread
  8. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

To be fair, if you have a team of all Level 1-30's, the only thing that is going to be saving you is that the opposing team sucks.

3 General Notes:
    1) This game is not a turret defense game. It is a shooting game with turret defense elements.
    2) K/D ratio is important to a degree. Saying it is completely unimportant is just being in denial.
    3) Not all classes should be focusing on bot killing. That is why there are classes that are terrible at it, and are good at slaying.

And you know what ticks me off? Juice. How easy it is to get it, how good it is in the hands of anyone who knows what they are doing, and how some classes have to take almost no risk to get it.
  9. Desensitized

Desensitized New Member

You got pretty much everything I was gonna say here! Nothing is quite as annoying as people who play the game as a deathmatch and never kill bots. Several matches I remember having to take down the enemy Jackbot by myself as a gunner because no one would help. Of course while I was doing that, nobody bothered to save our own Jackbot. That was a real pain.

EDIT: Oh yeah, something my friends and I dubbed "Hitchcocking" where someone will stand in their base spawn for cover and poke their heads out to shoot at incoming enemy pros then duck back in for a safety, kind of bugs me. It's not a really effective tactic and usually ends in the team being steamrolled, but some people just insist on doing it. Fighting an enemy team alone in your base because your team refuses to fight back beyond Hitchcocking is a bit annoying.
  10. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

If that was the case then I wouldn't see so many people (a lot on this board, even) with awesome K/D streaks lose because they let the match slip in to OT weren't paying attention to their moneyball.

This game is not a 3rd person shooter. It is a tower defense game with 3rd person shooter mechanics.

(Hoping to start a "Great Taste/Less Filling" debate)
  11. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Fair enough.

My Tank kills bots by melee if low priority, Jetgun if low proprity, but short on time, and deathblossom if high priority/I already have Juice