Unsportsmanlike taunting

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Organous, November 22, 2010.

1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

mine went from 5% to 66% after mnc.
  2. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

Seriously, people get offended for being taunted in THIS game? I never thought about it twice once I learned it was a money-making game mechanic. My wife loves it so much that she'll rush into the enemy base juiced, kill one person, and taunt while the rest of the team thrashes on her. Ineffective, but funny.

Seriously, anyone who's getting their feelings hurt over this is a 10 year old who can be comforted by their mommy or a 25 year old who still acts like he's 10. Not that there's any shortage of those in this game.
  3. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

It's funny how everyone's Rep seems to have increased in avoidance. Mine has actually gone down in avoidance after playing this game xD
  4. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Mine got to 90% 1 month after I got my xbox, man I'm awesome.
  5. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Dude you have to share how you did that! I have two friends in a competition to be most avoided and they're both stuck at 85% xD They've tried everything, going to game chat and being annoying, t-bagging, sending out "RAGE QUITTER" messages and the like xDDD
  6. The Teominator

I played Halo 3. End of discussion.
  7. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Perfect answer xD
  8. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Most of the time I will taunt after a particularly awesome kill. Like if me and someone go at it for an extended period of time or I kill them in a crazy way.

Sometimes, however, I will taunt because I am pissed at a particular opponent and am doing it as a way of making them feel bad.

Honestly, though, this game is silly enough that the taunting system just makes me laugh.
  9. eido740

eido740 New Member

I have 2 levels of taunt. If I'm safe, I'll do a quick shotgun taunt for the money any chance I get. If I get an awesome kill (shotgunning a tank, a sweet long-range ground zero, three kills on the same assassin, etc) I'll go full jetski.
  10. The Teominator

As soon I kill one of my friends I just go mad shooting their corpse until it dissapears then taunts on it so they see it too. :twisted: :twisted:
  11. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

I like to quick switch from knife to stars with the Assassin, so instead of spinning her kunai she's making a "Whoop-Dee Do~!" motion with her finger.
  12. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Wrong weapon taunts are fun to do! It's hilarious seeing the shotgun taunt being done with the HH gun xD
  13. The Teominator

Try doing the SMG taunt with the sniper rifle.
  14. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

You can switch weapons in taunts!? Fantastic! Brings back fond memories of twirling Sasha around my finger, and fencing with a disguise kit.
  15. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

I taunted yesterday.

It was quite unsportsmanlike.

I was shooting at some bots on AmmoMule when I noticed an Assault who thought it would be a good idea to just run straight at me, TDM-style, giving up his advantage. He walked directly into a trap, so I immediately switched to SMG and was about to buy level 2 grapple and give myself some breathing room, and I accidentally taunted. He broke free of the trap right before my taunt ended, and charged angrily. I ran back toward my base, with him shooting at me the whole way there. He was clearly following me where he didn't have map control. I threw a trap in front of me as I ran and heard ice effect a couple of seconds later. I SMG taunted as soon as he did (this time, intentionally), and as the trap dissipated and the taunt ended, he charged again. This time, he was really close. I can't imagine how angry he must've been. I ran all the way, laughing, back to my spawn ring, throwing another trap at the front entrance as I jumped in. But ohhhhh, he was a SMART ONE, and hovered over the trap, dropping neatly onto the spawn ring past my trap. I was preparing to taunt, but noticed that he avoided the trap. I taunted anyway. Just a slip of the fingers. An unfortunate mistake.

He opened fire and several bullets hit me before a friendly Gunner dropped off of the glass shielding and flattened him. He DC'd immediately, and I imagine he tried to send me a message that I didn't receive no thanks to friends-only communication settings. Meanwhile, someone's Moneyball dropped. I don't remember whose, because host dropped and migration failed immediately afterward. There's a moral in here, somewhere, but whatever it is, it's not half as satisfying as pulling a multi-aggro taunt against a single pro.
  16. ElfControl

ElfControl New Member

lol, he said unsportsmanlike
  17. The Teominator

Lol, you said unsportsmanlike.
  18. ElfControl

ElfControl New Member

lol, i know right?
  19. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

I love taunting in front of trapped assassins although my avoid went up a good 50%