Quick Scoping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by acsherman, November 10, 2010.

1. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

That's like saying "running" doesn't exist, because many people run in different ways and at different speeds.

Quick scoping isn't that hard to define, it's just shooting without using the scope to fine adjust your aim.
  2. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

On the contrary, it's like one person saying that they sprint and someone else doesn't because they're not quite as fast. It's running all the same.

And you do use the scope to 'fine adjust' your aim. Isn't that the whole point of the scope aspect of quick scoping?

There is absolutely NO way to refute the fact that everyone has a different time range from when the user scopes in and pulls the trigger that is considered within the realm of a quick scope. Hence my previous argument, quick scoping isn't really anything except what it is to the individual user. I understand that as a sniper you are perhaps biased, and like to say that you've mastered some special sniping skill (and believe me, i used to play with you a whole bunch and i'll gladly say that you're better than the vast majority of snipers out there), but to say that you've mastered a specific skill is silly. You're just a quicker shot than most.
  3. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

See that's the thing that I think you may not be getting. Quick scoping takes the scope out of the equation, the only reason you're hitting the scope button is because the game's mechanics require you to in order to achieve a straight shot, and when you do scope in your crosshairs should already be where you want to fire. In MNC, that means you can hit the triggers at nearly the same time to achieve a quick scope. In MW2 it means hitting the trigger as soon as the scoping animation finishes, because doing so during the animation still results in a randomly spread shot rather than a straight shot. Scoping in and adjusting your aim while scoped is hard scoping, no matter how quickly you do it.

I don't think it's some magical skill that I've mastered, it's simply a different shooting technique that is useful in certain situations.
  4. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

I suppose you win, good sir. Perhaps the people I've played with have just been far less honorable in their ventures.

I admit defeat.
  5. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Wait, what? No one wins arguments on the internet, everyone knows that.
  6. Kyver

Kyver New Member

Yep I've noticed, double zoom ftl.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

lol btw quickscoping is the act of aiming with your hip-fire reticle, and tapping the scope button (which causes the games mechanics to tighten the shot, even tho you didnt use the scope).

it does exist, because you cant fix something that didnt exist, and black ops fixed quick scoping (the game mechanics no longer tightens up a shot straight to the center of the reticle by simply tapping the scope button, and they slowed down the act of looking down the scope)

anyhow, its not a special skill. it allows for a faster shot. no matter how good you get, it also allows for a RIDICULOUSLY SLOPPY shot. its sloppy BECAUSE it doesnt use the scope. if the game was changed to where the scope button didnt scope at all, and there wasnt a scope at all, but the button still tightened the reticle to the center of the screen, then quickscoping would still exist even without the scope.

reference: the fail game i had on MW2 back a few posts in this topic. had 20 seconds to scope in and take a shot that hit, thats a guranteed win in 7 seconds of scoping in for a shot. instead he took five or six shots without making sure they would hit (by quickscoping). looked like he was centered in the screen; none of them hit nonetheless. failed a simple win, all due to quickscoping instead of putting the effing crosshairs in the middle of the body...
  8. Pig Of Denmark

Pig Of Denmark New Member

well you got to let the scope get to atleast black in MW2 for the bullet to go straight cause you know bullets never go stright in real life >.>. and if he did hit some1 hipfireing with a sniper...its all luck(cept for a few tricks agian to make ytour bullet go straight)
  9. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Hah what?
    MW2 quick scoping is beyond easy, even without sleigh of hand pro.
  10. Pig Of Denmark

Pig Of Denmark New Member

well in order for it to work you had to run up on the dude and be faster really. kinda hard to do ot me cause im smart. i camped!
  11. Grec

Grec New Member

I've done it a few times before. Sometimes the game gets glitchy and the scope goes in and out, but I think that may just be lag. Otherwise hardscoping is better because you need to score headshots. If you bodyshot then they enemy will run away, unless you have Gold ROF. And it's still hard to do sometimes.
  12. Grec

Grec New Member

But of course body shots are your only options for Speed Assaults and Assassins.
  13. oSirMurkumx

oSirMurkumx New Member

message to all MNC players. Watch out for An Arctic Fox, Tobias Fox, MercenaryX350X, KaRiZma II, xELiteXdEvilx, o SirMurkum x, and anyone else who plays with them. they are the best pro team you can get, so all you guys that love to back out and get pissed. just go ahead and back out before you get to the pissed part. K BYE!!!
  14. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Awwww, you guys got a team together, how adorable. Maybe Fox will take me up on my offer now.
  15. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

lmao. Derp
  16. Grec

Grec New Member

Lololol, I'm so scared of some people I've never heard of before. Stop it with the irrelevant posting.
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lol
    it may be worth mentioning that i dont play pro or semi-pro, i was just in a group of friends roaming the lobbies and they showed up.

hows that for derailing a thread?
  18. grindout

grindout Member

I quick scope all day. I barely scope in for a long time anymore
  19. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

You can't really go "pro" in Monday night.
  20. redpandar

redpandar New Member

Why quick scope when hard scoping has NO SWAY in MNC? lol