MNC gameplay video from E3

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TGO023, June 21, 2010.

1. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

That was a great article thanks eka, we found out alot of new stuff

like the full list of endorsements which I thought was fantastic(but they changed spunk to spunky)

[​IMG]

Turret info like all their names and the ability to upgrade them

[​IMG]

We got all the names for the bots as well

[​IMG]

We can also spend money to spawn unique robots depending on the class they play sounds really cool
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

This can be a really effective technique in the right situation. At the highest level of play team strategy is really important and these bots can be used to sway the battle at key moments.
  3. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

spawning a mass of bots is really good at keeping the other team busy. if they focus on the bots it they leave themselves open to other players, if they focus on the player than the bots a free to destroy. and its funny just to watch a massive swarm of bots roll down a lane
  4. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Monday Night Combat is on IGN's list of Xbox 360 Games of Summer 2010

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1102156p1.html

Nice to get these lists. Some people have the nerve to call summer a slow time!? :D
  5. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I don't like that ign list...because it says the game will release in august...and I hope it isn't true
  6. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

They said the same thing for every Summer of Arcade title. Safe bet on their part. I'm hoping for July as well!
  7. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

If Major Nelson doesn't post in the first week of July, I guess I'll be waiting until August.
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

9. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Do they know something we dont, or are they just indicating that July starts the summer of arcade?

*EDIT:
    This makes my happy place feel tingly. o_O
  10. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Heavy praise! Heaviest I've seen thus far.

What did it cost, Eka? A pitgirl and assassin figurine? ;)
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Ha that's funny. We let them play the game and they came to their own conclusions. Pretty much everyone that's played it loves it.
  12. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Wait? You mean the spew on gaming message boards around the world about mass corruption and pay-offs ISN'T true? NO WAY! Optimism in our hobby still exists?? :shock:

heh

That CoG preview is a great one...and they actually know what they are talking about to boot. (*cough*IGN*cough*)

Like I said when I first got here, this is the first dev message board I've joined since Hypnotix (R.I.P.), because MNC looks like a real labor of love. Every recent preview is sweet, sweet vindication.
  13. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

14. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

"Monday Night Club" -- are you f*cking serious? They have the balls to drop an opinion on something the've done NO research on?! THEY DIDNT EVEN GET THE NAME CORRECT. Something fucky is going on.
  15. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Good grief. That 'preview' should be Exhibit A in the court case of reasons to just shut your pie hole. Give someone a small column and they feel obligated to print words, whether they know what they're talking about or not.

That's why I prefer to linger and ominously stalk, providing the occasional awkward stare before striking a blow for common sense and real knowledge! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And when all else fails...If you don't know, ask.
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

You're expecting on-line game press to actually be journalists. Fact checking and Googling is too much work for some apparently or forming opinions based on facts.
  17. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

18. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

You should extend an invitation for him to visit Uber to give him a proper preview of the game to write about. See if he takes you up on the public invitation. :)

Of course, he's from the UK, so that miiight be a problem. Maybe some of the Brits on the board here can help out. Given the world cup, I know they have the free time now. WOAH-HO!!!! :lol:
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

You see that guy named Thomas who posted about three times?

Yeah well... =3

Seeing that IGN preview that TGO023 posted remind me of the "preview" I had recently seen and commented on, actually that was about a month ago...but still! It reminded me of the most...idiotic article I have ever seen. Sure you can write a lot about the other four games in Summer of Arcade and post videos on them! But not writing a full piece about the most anticipated XBLA game I have seen this year? And not even adding a video on it? And MISSPELLING THE NAME? That's where they cross the line.

Yes yes, lost the world cup, ha ha. BUT STILL! I think I'm the only British person here...*tumbleweed*...oh there is that guy from Ireland, I think...
  20. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I posted a couple links to help him get to know MNC and the internet

Absolutely not! I would kill to get a tour of Uber! This [socially inappropriate but completely deserving insult] should not get rewarded for ignorance.

Speaking of awards, you ever find out what you got for the E3 speculation contest, TGO023?