So.....Tf2 is getting a Blitz mode...... really

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by whatever1, August 14, 2012.

1. nuclearkangaroo

nuclearkangaroo New Member

what about herps?
  2. brandonbandicoot

brandonbandicoot Active Member

Those too.
  3. nuclearkangaroo

herps are derps?

everything i know is a goddamed lie
  4. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

Maybe they'll notice how long I've been around SPUF relative to UberEnt. Maybe they'll also notice that im neither the first nor the last nor the most vocal to say what I've said.

Too bad I'm not Kvalheim.
  5. madfather

madfather New Member

The towering amount of bullshit I see going through this thread is the reason I usually avoid official game forums like this one. At first I only came around here to see what was added in the latest patch. I think I'll go back to that.
  6. axilerater

axilerater New Member

They had testing for MvM years ago. shut up, stop being selfish
  7. doubledown

doubledown New Member

I just realized
    This will kill this game even more now
    Im kinda leaning towards going on looooong hiatus now
    Simply because what I used to enjoy playing SMNC in Crossfire
    Is not nearly impossible to find a single game
  8. nuclearkangaroo

this doesnt really changes anything, whoever wants to play TF2 is playing TF2, whoever wants to play SMNC is playing SMNC
  9. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

Exactly. I'll be playing MvM instead of Blitz....but I don't really play Blitz anyways. Too repetitive and grind-y.
  10. rikety

rikety New Member

I'm going to play...

Whatever pleases me.

And try to ignore drama while at it.
  11. Isotoxin

Isotoxin New Member

Can't people just say that they like both and play them both? :(

Not sure if people have said that already.
  12. bravetriforcer

bravetriforcer New Member

You say that as if Blitz mode is all that original to begin with.

These are what we call "Horde Mode" children. The real specifics are down to the game itself, but it's the same idea; "Kill wave after wave of enemy until the game says stop or you die."

That is what Blitz is. That is what Mann versus Machine will be. That is what every single God damn Horde mode in the history of videogames has ever been. TF2's had this in the works since early 2010, and MNC came out in August 2010. If you honestly think the fact they both have what could be called "Robots" as the enemy is anything more than a coincidence, then you are very silly.
  13. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

I like both games. I'm not particularly sure why there can't be any middle ground what so ever. It's been hinted at for years and yeah the timing might stink because Blitz was a recent release but there's no need for mud slinging. Horde modes are nothing new. People are allowed to play and like whatever game they please. Like I said earlier, I stopped playing TF2 because I really enjoyed SMNC. Does this mean I hate TF2? Hell no. People are just overreacting from what I can see. I'll give Mann vs Machine a go once it's released and see how it is.
  14. 3221drdew

3221drdew New Member

you are seriously stupid this update been in the making for 2 years its a facking horde mode/zombie mode just with robots and what did we people in tf2 said about mnc at first we said it looked like a rip off of tf2 now can we just get along to togeter and get rid of idiots like this im not trying to be mean but your all like nova vs pewdie pie ****
  15. madfather

madfather New Member

The only way I'll believe this is a direct knockoff is if there are bonus rounds where you shoot a guy in a Saxton Hale costume for extra money.
  16. phantomren

phantomren New Member

Hey hey HEY, let me stop the lot of you right there and shed some light on the situation, here and now. Nobody put a copyright on the concepts of horde mode or defense of the ancients. A lot of games have modes like this, so what? It's just a little friendly competition between Uber and Valve. There's nothing to worry about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to sell my entire SMNC inventory for unusuals.
  17. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

It's interesting because GOW is credited with "Horde". While I can't imagine Gears being the first to created a coop survival game mode, it seems to be the first popular one.
  18. fenex

fenex Member

Tf2 was pretty much point and click... the only classes you really have to be smart with is spy. I to ditched tf2 for smnc. i actually just saw this mann vs machine just a little bit ago. smnc actually takes the ablity to think and plan on the fly... not "i can wipe your entire team becasue im just that good"

and the first thing i though was... "Really valve? have you sunk that low in running out of ideas" i mean the timing more than anything is what caught my attention... blitz went live less than a week ago.
  19. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I think it's just a useful way of describing it.
  20. cypherous

cypherous New Member

The Mann vs Machine update has been kicking around for a while now, its not exactly a "new" thing to be fair, although they may very well steal some players if they are forced to choose between TF2 and SMNC, oh well, i guess someone always has to be second choice :(