So.....Tf2 is getting a Blitz mode...... really

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by whatever1, August 14, 2012.

1. lolyh9rr9r

lolyh9rr9r New Member

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/machines/

all robot classes have their own abilitties and have a l4d tank like, it must be like a final boss
    hehe I can't wait to play that :p
    I left tf2 when smnc come to everyone but.. is that mode is cool I would play tf2 and smnc :)
  2. lolyh9rr9r

lolyh9rr9r New Member

yeah! in maps, steam workshop, pictures.... we all know that will come eventually in valve time
  3. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Sorry, guys. This is making Blitz look incredibly rudimentary.
  4. lolyh9rr9r

lolyh9rr9r New Member

I'm going to cry T_T
  5. doubledown

doubledown New Member

6. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

Blitz already existed in MNC so...
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Nah. I'll probably barely play MvM, I prefer the SMNC atmosphere and TF2's will probably play out very differently
  8. Mataata

Mataata New Member

It sounds like a mix of pretty much all horde mode games out there. I'm exited!
  9. cookie1mon

cookie1mon Member

I've got feelings between the two of you. Although I do prefer SMNC in so many ways, lately I've been getting frustrated at the matchmaking (like a blitz game where the other 4 members all had default products) and MVM looks like it could be a very good alternate, since TF2 tends to be much less team reliant. It's also got giant bosses which are always fun. I'm sure blitz will get some bosses soon enough (HAIL BUZZER KING!) but until then, it's a definitive edge.

I don't think it's going to make me stop playing smnc, but it could very well split my time, at least for a little while, until blitz gets more polished.

(I've been playing mainly blitz lately, because it's less frustrating, and the products are funner)
  10. kopikatsu

kopikatsu New Member

11. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

12. thatdudeoverthere

thatdudeoverthere New Member

how is it making blitz look rudimentary?

you don't even build turrets (unless you're an engineer, I guess)
  13. aegrus

aegrus New Member

Valve is a multi-billion hat industry, they have the resources to produce a game mode that's polished from go.
  14. then00bernaut

then00bernaut New Member

I'm only going to call it BS if the Heavy becomes Hawaiian.
    But those super-robots are interesting, maybe some team-wok would be needed to take them down instead of the usual Engineer spam.
  15. neapolitanfrenchfrie

Uber really needs to make more videos.
  16. spd12

spd12 Member

As I said earlier in the thread, this is way more Killing Floor than anything, though I guess a bit more centralized given you are stopping bots from carrying a bomb to a center point. I'm sure there's other finer details we'll find out in a few days.

Here you're trying to stop anything from getting to the ball, and have to coordinate when to use stage hazards as well as figure out how to clear the top level from time to time with minimal sacrificing of ground coverage.

I think both this and SMNC's Super Blitz can still coexist just fine.
  17. cookie1mon

cookie1mon Member

Apparently making videos is quite time/labor intensive for the art division at uber (something which I don't doubt is true). I think their current position on making videos is "Only when really big, new things happen." which is a position I support.

That being said, if it's a choice between wonderball-only flair, or a video, I'd pick the video.
  18. neapolitanfrenchfrie

Just that most gamers have little to no IQ so they don't want any additional game elements to make them have to use more strategy.
  19. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

Blitz is pretty straightforward unfortunately. The map is fairly small and there isn't much to do besides kill bots, buy vendors, or hazzards. What I mean is, there isn't really much TO it. Although I expected much more from Doomsday's game mode and that was far shorter than expected and saddening.

From the looks of it, Mann vs Machine has more to offer, but we'd just have to wait and see.
  20. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

Even if it does have more to offer, loltf2