Lets get some Gunner discussion in here.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Mellowbusiness, October 25, 2010.

1. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Honestly for the skill to have any kind of usefulness the gunner should have a little mini charge: he opens his arms wide and grabs anything that touches his extra wide reach. To balance this out you could make him have to sit still for a second even if he misses a grapple. That way the skill becomes viable and the gunner doesn't get a movement power.
  2. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

GOLD ACCURACY

SILVER RATE OF FIRE

There we go, Gunner tactics.
  3. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

mind you with that you will move as slow as a car with no tires
  4. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Unless you pick up one of the numerous Speed Boosts dropped by Bots, Pros, Bullseye...
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

ive never seen a use for accuracy, i deploy a lot, and that takes care of it. also, i generally get out-gunned by gunners running armor(when not deployed).
  6. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

As cool as that would be, I don't see Uber giving a Zangief-esque running charge to the gunner grapple since the whole idea behind that class is a powerful weapon and weak special abilities to compensate.

However, it does seem kind of lame that a fully-upgraded gunner grapple has no ring-out potential (?) and won't even kill the weakest class.
  7. Slim Jim

Slim Jim New Member

I play gunner quite often so here are my tips
    -spot target, spin mini guns (alternate fire), then shoot
    -keep mini guns spun up as much as possible
    -deploy acept against supports and assaults due to their bomb and air stike
    -endorsements 1 Gobi numb (Armour) 2 organ farms (accuracy) 3 biono-grip (reload speed)
    -do it "tiki style" :D
  8. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

i run gold acc silver rof and bronze armor, and i usually win one on ones, due to the brokenness of pre spin = win.

I actually do it tiki style quite often sir
  9. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

Yeah, just yesterday I started spinning up my minigun with the left trigger at spots right before where I was likely to engage someone and the difference was huge. I started getting much better results right away. Totally crucial.
  10. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Level 3 gunner grapple has as much ring-out potential as the sniper's grapple, and insta-kills assassins and cowardly snipers who aren't using armour endorsements (due to some sort of head injury I imagine).
  11. Slim Jim

Slim Jim New Member

yea without spun up mini-guns a gunner is a big slow and lacks fire power also remember to upgrade your passive first and nothing else as dual mini-guns are twice as good and twice as deadly
  12. x87x Catalyst

x87x Catalyst New Member

I run gunner a lot because of his strong offensive bot control on the field... 9/10 games I rival MVP every time... even against pros my setup is boss... don't knock it until you try it.

lvl 68
    gold/RoF
    silver/Crit
    bronze/Accuracy

and Ive only recently started using the silver crits as before i would run RoF/ClipSize/Reload or RoF/Armor/Clipsize.... I have to say Crits really do put on a show... you will run over any gunner/tank (unless the host is an enemy gunner) just as long as you have your doubles and pre-spin.... *And one last thing.. ive been testing this out and i am convinced it works.. upgrade your deploy ONLY ONCE and i swear it gives you extra heath... i.e. assassins would insta kill grapple me (with the sword from behind) and when i upgrade the deploy to 2nd i would always have a sliver of life remaining to slam and shoot.. and that is with my final setup mentioned above

** And one last note with the gunner... your dual minis are only as good as the hosts connection**
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

RoF Gold isn't the best choice, IMO.

14. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

gold RoF is great for pushing bot lanes and annoying snipers and destroying turrets though (all with mortar of course)
  15. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

My build is Armor ROF and Regen, and it works amazing for me. And to be a halfway decent gunner, mortar spamming is a must.
  16. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Yesterday I ran into agitating, top on the leaderboards for overall and kills. 3 fights against me 1v1 and he joins my party asking what my build is because "he's got nothing on me". It was adorable.

Anyone who doesn't use accuracy isn't playing the gunner right
  17. Mastah

Mastah New Member

+1
  18. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Anyone can play any class anyway they want.

Having said that, silver ACC is a must or you fail =)