Please, PLEASE stop building Longshot Turrets in Steel Peel

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Liefglinde, November 9, 2010.

1. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Seriously. It's ironic that this is the only map I ever see Longshots built on. The only time they're ever useful is for someone on the bridge behind/next to your spawn. Otherwise they sit there shooting the dome.

Same with Gapshots. For some unknown reason, this is the only map I see Gapshots spawned on. Granted they're more useful than Longshots in Steel Peel, they're still pretty pointless.
  2. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

I buy them cause they kill the guys on the bridge or at least hold them off while they shoot it. Like you said. Good if you're team is getting a bit camped but not for offense.

And you can't change it. It's Lazer Lazer Ice Long Rocket Rocket Ball. Everyone knows that.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

If I see 1 Longshot, I get irritated, but let it go. If that 1 Longshot is on the right side of the base, I get even more irritated, but still try to let it go. When I see 2, I grab my mic and proceed to tell whoever built it several mean things.
  4. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

From the spawn I thought it went on the right side. Gets a clearer shot on the bridge. On the left it is cramped in.

You only need 1 at the most though.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Other way around, the bridge is on the left side. Yeah, if there's 1 I'll let it go. When there are 6 (and yes, I've seen this) I start to get annoyed.
  6. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Ohhhh. I love 6 longshots on Lazeraze. So much fun. I forget if the rock-it replacements actually got any shots out though :|
  7. DistinctQuantic

DistinctQuantic New Member

Several? :lol: I don't know why I found that funny.

Although, I'm a bit torn when I see the opposing team build them in their base because: 1) Nearly useless and by not destroying them, they can't put up more effective turrents in that spot (until it actually IS destroyed), and 2) I don't get free money or juice by not leveling them when it's certain some gunner/assault will come by and take it out :(
  8. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

WHAT!?! Gapshots work perfectly on Steel Peel once they get inside the dome.
  9. sxd24

sxd24 Member

I can second this statement... somewhat. If you have map control, Gapshots will be fairly useful, as they'll shoot at anyone trying to escape their base. I remember someone getting several kills just spamming them once. Freaking hilarious.
  10. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Gapshots are only good when you have map control period. The longer the distance they can safely travel, the more shots they can get off.
  11. StrongestMace

StrongestMace New Member

Today I watched as a Tank built and fully upgraded a Longshot turret on the left inner turret spawner on Lazer Razor directly under our spawn. I IRL facepalmed as it began to shoot directly at the underside of the bridge above it for the rest of the game. The other team made it their mission to not destroy it. Smart bastards.
  12. Ian

Ian New Member

I love when you see 99's doing it :p

Makes you wonder...