Endorsement Data [All Classes]

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by tlbww, August 14, 2010.

1. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

For Assault ROF (Assault Rifle) you have Gold and Silver reading as the same. I guess this is just a typo?
  2. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Not a typo. Read the note under.
  3. Warskull

Warskull New Member

Sticky this? It is the best thread in all the forums.
  4. scyfed

scyfed New Member

skill recovery doesnt affect assassins recharge times.
  5. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

So, I was trying to figure out health points and I found something strange. I figured this is as good a place to post it as any.

The Linesman protag is for taking 1500 damage. Using the Assassin's dagger on an unarmored Assault, it takes ten hits to kill him. It takes exactly 25 hits for Linesman to unlock. It takes 16 hits to take out an Assault with gold armor, but 27 hits for Linesman to unlock. So, how does that work?
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Armor might actually give damage reduction as opposed to flat HP like we are all assuming. That or human error. :p

(This is why the devs need to comment, or release some numbers/mechanics)

The rail gun kills in 4 hits on an unarmored assault, 5 for bronze and silver, and 6 for gold.
  7. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I was considering that, but that would mean it does both damage reduction and increases HP, which is strange. And believe me, I can count just fine.
  8. mute

mute New Member

[basically a bump for a good thread that has gotten buried + 2cents]

No it wouldn't.. more armor, less damage from blows = greater number of hits (27) to get to 1500 dmg.

You may be able to test for a health difference by seeing how long it takes a Support to Heal a character. You'd need at least 3 players to test this (1 enemy, 2 teammates) and obviously the damage taken would have to be relatively scaled since theres no #s. So, hit a Assault in the face with the shotty in the same place each time (or whatever weapon reliabily does the most damage, or whatever you wanna base this selection on), then time the heal on the different armor endorsements. No change in healing time, no health difference from armor upgrade... just damage reduction.
  9. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

How are you testing to unlock linesman? Don't you have to die to unlock it?

Try testing against a tank, at varying passive levels. Passives are direct health increase, so we can watch his health recovery in effect. The less health a pro has, the faster the bar recovers (so it seems) although each pro has its own unique health recovery stat.

To me, it would make more sense if armor provided damage reduction only. I mean, armor doesn't exactly make you more healthy, just more protected.

Oh, and I've been operating under the assumption that the assaults AR has near identical gold/silver RoF fire rate. I was making a Grenade launcher build with gold RoF, and noticed the AR firing alot faster than silver. I don't know if the bullets are actually firing faster, but I don't have a reliable way to test it since I can't unlock custom classes on a guest account.
  10. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

One of the devs actually commented on something like this. RoF is limited by the frames per second the game is running at, so when you max that out it can actually vary throughout the game. This is why you still see a sizable difference in the gold/silver RoF for slower firing weapons, but little if no difference in faster firing weapons. I assume that these number were conducted in a private game with only two players, so it would be reasonable to assume that in a real game with much more going on, the FPS would drop as would the gold firing rate for many guns.
  11. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Ekanaut confirmed that the tank health upgrade is actually damage reduction and that the armor endorsement is + health.
  12. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Just a quick question. Did you test bullet weapons via bullets fired in a time period? I was testing an Assault build with Gold Accuracy, Silver RoF, Bronze Armor, and the DPS of the Assault Rifle was drastically lower than the DPS of an Assault with Gold RoF, Silver Accuracy, Bronze Armor. Mind you, I was testing this in a public game against non-controlled opponents, but I tested several games with both builds. Does this potentially mean there could be a disconnect between DPS and Bullets Fired?
  13. sneakyjester

sneakyjester New Member

Are you planning on updating values for the update? (I'm mostly just wanting to check out the support's new rof upgrade)
  14. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Scathis said that gold is faster than the old beam and silver is slower.
  15. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I had all but abandoned this given that the mods don't endorse guerrilla style research and inexact numbers. I only want to post data and let the math experts do the rest.

I might update the info on the guide post-patch, but I really don't know how much raw numbers will help anyone. I wasn't sure if people even wanted this info or not. If there's a demand for it, I might give it a shot, but don't expect the thread to be pinned.
  16. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

This definitely deserves a bump, although some of the numbers are going to be off since the patch.