Snipers, take aspects out of the game?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bambam Bm, November 1, 2010.

1. zodbones

zodbones New Member

Only problem i have with them that isn't being addressed in the DLC is the snipers explosive shot.

hate how it procs off their OWN bots, and also hate how it deals INSANE damage.

why the hell should the snipers explosive shot (the splash damage) deal more damage than an assaults explosives?

snipers make it damn near impossible to defend against and push a lane against.

a godly sniper can carry his entire team easily getting 30-40 kills and 0 deaths.
  2. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Uh, you know it doesn't do nearly as much damage as the level 3 upgrade right? And also doesn't launch people?
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I call that "PohTayToez."
    :cool:
  4. Shammas

Shammas New Member

...Are you sure?
  5. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

^^ Not addressed to me but..

First game as a Sniper this game.. 42-2, i was just fooling around, i don't play as a Sniper that much anymore because i always feel its ridiculous how easy it is (for me atleast.. and for most other snipers) And the next 10 matches, i never had less than a 4 K/D, with 50+ bot kills, some with 60+

Now i know youll say "this game isnt a deathmatch".. but going those insane numbers does help the team.. aswell as completely shutting down 1 lane for the whole match doesnt hurt either.
  6. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Hah. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaa. Hhahahahahahahahhahaa. HHahaha.

Best sniper in the game is Murdok, even though he doesn't play the game.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I guess some people don't understand what "I" means. Also I said nothing about being the best.
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I never have, nor never will, claim to be the best sniper in the game. The other day I played with someone for a couple of games who also exclusively played sniper, but had twice as much in game experience as me. His gamertag escapes me, but in the couple games that I played him he definitely dominated me.

I'm definitely no where near the best marksman. I've played with Zander Star a bit, and I would say we're about on the same level, except he seems to make far less use of the sniper's skill upgrades than me. Some Gothic Kid is another sniper that I know to be a better shot than I, although I've only seen him sit back in his base and camp, going for kills rather than the win.

I do like to think that I'm one of the more aggressive snipers in the game, which is undoubtedly why my K/D ratio isn't very impressive. I use the sniper's grapple pretty heavily, I rarely run from a juiced pro, and I'm not afraid to turn a corner to face a tank or gunner even though I only land the point blank headshot about half of the time.

Oh, and Deadeye, have you played someone with the gamertag "FivSidedFistagn"? I'm pretty sure he's a better gunner than you.

EDIT:
    Whoops, I forgot to mention Bolt. He doesn't even main sniper, but plays it better than me. PeachyPony might too, but I haven't really played him enough to determine.
  9. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Both are Hardy TryRands. But in all honesty I think FSF was host when I played against him, as his bullets would follow me around corners worse than I have ever seen. Host is such a ridiculous advantage in this game (and most games) that it is nearly impossible to tell what actual skill levels are between the two.
  10. Himicane

Himicane New Member

The most honest thing deadeye has ever posted. If you're going to try to snipe against him just hide in your spawn.

PohTayToes, no love for me sniping even though I only play the class to counter you?
  11. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Oh, Himicane. You pull host too often to get any sniper love from me.
  12. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Oh, Himicane. You pull host too often to get any sniper love from me.[/quote]

Ahhh mannnnnnn
  13. Shammas

Shammas New Member

FivSideFistgn? Really? Sometimes these forums are just insane.
  14. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Hahah. I know, forrealz, right?

I've ran into one person that gave me trouble as Gunner, and I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it was his host. Though I will always be underestimated, because people don't like admitting someone as disliked as me, is so amazing.
  15. Injun97

Injun97 New Member

I remember FivSideFistwtf claimed that i had a lag switch (i know because he messaged me saying "Nice Lagswitch kid") after beating him one round, then he got pissed and left, why do people never stick around to try and win once?

Have you ever tried sniping on a team with Manouso and BoltAktion on the other team? Very frustrating, Kudos.
  16. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

I love Grenade III and I especially love Gunner on Grenade III. Passive 3. Buy jumps into enemy spawn. Juice. Jump. Repeat. (disclaimer: can be hazardous to your health if they have several good turrets in place. If this is the case, go around the long way and mortar the hell out of them first.)

Also make sure to spin up on the trip in, and be on the lookout for people with itchy ejector finger.
  17. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Careful. You mentioned juice rushing. Hiero comment incoming.
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

This.
    >_>
  19. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Snipers do pretty much ruin the game for me. I always check the scoreboard at the start so I know what I'm defending against. If I see a sniper is there, I pretty much have to stop myself from leaving the base or they will take out all the defense.

Assassins are pretty much the same thing but it just changes what Custom Class I use.
  20. Himicane

Himicane New Member

I know this sounds crazy guys, but you could get into the snipers grill all game and you know, not let him snipe. Works for me.