*UPDATED* "Combat" with Developers Monday Night November 1st

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by StarPilot87, October 26, 2010.

1. [UBER]Hellchick

[UBER]Hellchick New Member

Really had a blast playing with all you guys today. I think MNC has one of the best gamer communities out there -- you guys were good sports and everyone was super fun to talk to. Best fun I've had playing with people on XBL in a while!
  2. wienermcpeters

wienermcpeters New Member

we gotta do this more. fun games tonight.
  3. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

Seriously awesome fun out there tonight guys! You guys are an awesome dev team, and I had a blast trading shots with ya. Do it again sometime!
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I really enjoyed and appreciated tonight Uber. This is the best Monday Ever!

Idk about you guys but I still want my "I <3 Eka" shirt! :oops:

Nah seriously though I had a lot of fun.

I can't wait 'till next time and for the DLC to drop.
  5. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Good games, everyone. I had a chance to play with about half of the devs that were on tonight and had a lot of fun.

Also, lol at the people that rage quit in a developer match. :lol:
  6. Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z New Member

Those matches were pretty awesome! Although the part where I was repeatedly sniped by UberDev04 wasn't so awesome. :p Can't wait until the next one!
  7. Ian

Ian New Member

It was fun picking on you as a Tank :twisted: I normally play Support too, so it was nice to play on the other side

You get your "I <3 Eka" shirt, I'm getting a "Caryn or GTFO" one

I know! :lol:

I rage in public games all the time, but I'd NEVER rage quit in a game against developers!
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

They both have to say this on the back:
    "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Cooking Bacon."
    ;)
  9. Ian

Ian New Member

Ok, fiiiiiine :p

Starting a new job next week. I will likely create this shirt, OD'ing on disposable income
  10. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Please do this again i have been at work since 5am...it is now 9pm and i've been taking every chance i get to check out (get jealous over) all the games. Sounds like a friggin blast! Go UBER!
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

so it wasnt just my team that did it ;)

i still enjoyed simply watching the developers team with a few community members play. was enjoying watching them even as we were losing. not even paying attention to the losing as much as them winning.

too bad it was my only game, as i too got on late and left early for work. games with teams like theirs i could play maps with unlimited time limits and round after round for like hours.... id be a shame for the time limit to hurry our map-control-struggle

like its a shame in street fighter when a time limit in makes you hurry a good fight, but with some players a time limit is necessary. especially against us vega/guy players, who will easily get first-strike and then camp on the opposite wall until hell freezes over; the match would last forever with the occasional taunt, if the clock didnt say your going to lose if you dont eventually retaliate lmao. i once played a game where i got first strike we literally taunted each other and i avoided block-damage from a range until time ran out. i got a perfect time-out, against an enemy i only damaged once and still had 9/10th health.
  12. mute

mute New Member

I ended up having to stay late @ work and missed everything. :|
  13. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I got a gunner grapple kill on a dev. That pretty much made my week.
  14. minrice2099

minrice2099 New Member

Finally registered after lurking for forever.

This was tons of fun. I know the you may not want to clutter up your actual friends lists with our names, but it would be really cool to do something like this again (even unofficially).
  15. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Melee kill and multiple shuriken kills on my dev (stop deploying! you know who you are) ;)

I had some good games and it was really fun.
    Looking forward to playing if you guys do it again.
  16. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Long time lurker, first time poster? Minrice, we are pretty active with the community and I showed that by playing on my real tag.

A ton of us with play when we have time but I will see what I can do about organizing more of these for the future.
  17. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Well, since the gamertags are already setup, and a lot of the community has them on their friends list, maybe when the devs want to pop in for some game time with the community they could just send out some invites through those tags. I think it would probably work even if it was completely unscheduled.
  18. Hybridbuck

Hybridbuck New Member

Last night was a blast just playing one game with them (damn having dinner with the family, lol). It was worth the one game I got to play though. I agree with Poh that having unscheduled visits into the game would be excellent, and would be an extra incentive to play at different times of the day when people have a chance. Thank you again Uber for the excellent setup of the game and involving community members.
  19. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Neat idea! We could just grab one of those profiles and take it home to have some random dev gaming time.
  20. Monty

Monty New Member

I had loads of fun. I haven't played MNC in forever, and I really enjoyed just hopping into a developer match and playing. I think I'll prolly start playing again, seeing as the new DLC is coming!