1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

how exactly does the mechanism for this work? does it work like an annihilator where once one person uses it, nobody can until the timer resets, or is the timer set to each person, or each team, or what?
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

works like the Annihilator with a global timer.
  3. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Sounds like I have a new job.

It starts to recharge from match start like Annihilator?
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

lol a limit for juice is much better than barbaric vikings :evil: juicing and trashing the coastal villages one by one :twisted: ...

i hear you have some control over "numbers" serverside, like damage and rates of fire for weapons, and cooldown timers. if it ever needs tweaked, could you do it from there, or would it need to be done via update?
  5. Shammas

Shammas New Member

This is going to be AMAZING
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i am going to have a LOT of money left over.....guess im going to be building a lot of long shot turrets...
  7. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It'd need to be done via an update. The only "server side" there is without dedicated servers is who hosts a game. Then, such thing can only be done if they've actively modded their game.
  8. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

This is not actually true. MNC was created with a "backdoor" that allows the devs to edit certain numbers without actually updating the game. We haven't been told specifically what can be changed but it is assumed that it is things like damage, speed, endorsement numbers, etc.
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

MNC has something called "Monday Night Combat Live Update System" which where certain "numbers" can be adjusted w/out an update. We don't know the exact list of all the "numbers" that can be changed but they have made a few already.

* Pregame Lobby is now 45 seconds.
    * Min Number of Players to start Crossfire is now 6.
    * Increased player bot spawning from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
    Those were changed w/out an update.
  10. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Yeah the dev's of Super Meat Boy used this same thing so they can put new levels in their game FREE w/o any updates. Its a pretty sweet system and i hope more developers use it in the future.
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yep, we have certain tunable values that can be adjusted live. We'll see how things go after the DLC goes live and make adjustments as needed based on feedback.