Awesome Reports

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ObiFett, October 30, 2010.

1. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I had some really fun games last night. This game never gets old! And seeing as how I am stuck at work tonight and unable to play, I started thinking about those games. That led to me thinking about starting a thread to recognize those awesome players I played against last night who were immensely skilled/fun and directly contributed to me having so much fun last night. As I started to think about what I would put in this thread, I realized that it made me more pumped to play again tomorrow to find more awesome players to give props.

Awesome Report 10/28/2010

Gamertag: Nick[tons of numbers]
    This guy had the sickest strategy for the Sniper on LaseRazor. He was constantly throwing out ice traps and flak from inside the tunnel on our side of the map and could nearly instantly pull off headshots from anywhere. We both stayed on the same side of the map the whole game. It was an epic battle between me and him and it was awesome. Great game dude.

Gamertag: DOJAssassin
    This guy was an amazing assassin last night. He taunted after every kill against me and at first I was upset thinking it was a slight against me. So I started taunting each time I killed him. It got to the point that whenever either of us got a kill, we taunted, regardless of how many enemies there were around us. It really got me past the idea of taunting as an insult and something that is just fun to do and have done to me. AND he is an awesome assassin which led to me being paranoid the whole game. I would pop off a couple shots and then look around to make sure he wasn't getting ready to backstab me. Awesome.

Gamertag: JediDreams
    You had SOOOOO many kills in the game we played last night. And you were all over the map. I couldn't go to my normal sniping spots on ammomule because you would always knock me off the map with your assault charge. I don't remember anyone else on your team because it felt like a duel between you and me the whole time. It was back and forth and you kept me thinking/adapting the whole game. It was awesome and was an really fun game.

Feel free to pop in and give your own Awesome Report of players you have run across.

Just READ AND FOLLOW these Rules for future posts in this thread:
    • 1) Only post compliments of players you have played against.
      • 1.a) Flamebait disguised as compliments are not allowed.
        1.b) Referencing specific games/instances/dates is required.
      2) Absolutely no comparing the person you are recognizing to someone else.
      3) Avoid saying anything that could be thought of as flamebait.
      4) If talking about someone who did awesome against you, refrain from giving excuses as to why they killed you.
      5) Don't talk about how awesome you are while recognizing others.
      6) Future rules to be posted here to discourage flaming/arguments

Basically, lets turn this thread into a place where people can post their memorable experiences against other players. We all know this game mass produces those kinds of experiences.
    Last edited: October 30, 2010
  2. ll TAVMAN ll

ll TAVMAN ll New Member

JediDreams?
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i think we should have a flame-section too, but im sure once it gets to a certain point uber would shut it down. i would only support it because i take nothing personal (ill quote from Sublime in What I Got, "i dont get angry at the bills i have to pay, i dont get angry when my dog runs away" you know?)

reference the last deadeye-rant thread. i saw the peachypony monologue and was humored to hell. its so funny, even as an admin it has to be a little funny if not as much funny as infuriating.

well, this wasnt a suggestion as it would be in the wishlist. this was more of a funny thought. who here doesnt laugh at an especially funny rant, or for that matter comedians on comedy central, or even something as disgusting as bullseye laying nude in bacon and wearing some bacon?
  4. Bulletr0k

Bulletr0k New Member

I used to browse a forum that had a forum section ONLY for flames/whining about anything, game related or not/etc. it was always under control, because people had a place to let out their whiny frustrations.
  5. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

That was his name. Thanks. Updated the post.
  6. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

This. I've played around with the idea of how a negativity-only subforum would actually be VERY useful to most forums and cut back on crap the moderators have to deal with at any forum in my head a lot. With just one rule, I think it'd be borderline self-contained and practically require no oversight. The one rule?

-No outright flaming.

That way,people could vent their frustrations without them being an annoyance to others and if someone dislikes reading that negativity? They've no room to complain since the whole purpose of the subforum is for such posts. I also don't believe it'd be difficult to distinguish valid and invalid posts in such a forum.

"Argh! I hate <your name here>! That is all."
    "<your name here> cheats and should be banned."
    "I think Black Jacks are overpowered, here's why."
    "Assaults are overpowered and anyone who says otherwise is a troll!"

Tell me now. Don't two of those potential discussions sound like they could be valid?
  7. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

um, only two posts since the OP have actually been on topic, guys.

Come on! Post some awesome reports of players you have played against recently.
  8. PaPa Slick

PaPa Slick New Member

I would have to agree about JediDreams. He is a good sniper and he plays with folks who know what they are doing. We had a couple of good, close games last night.
  9. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

GT:peachyPony

I played against peachypony for the first time the other night and I remember all I wanted to do was kill him for all his forum whoring and it took me 2 games to do it because his team was in our base slaughtering my team instantly. Being a tank and playing against a good assault player is one of the most annoying things for me.

I ended up killing him a couple times but it didn't satisfy me at all because he killed me 6 times for each of mine and they were pretty much suicide kills because his team was right on top of me.

It was tough because my team would keep dropping out halfway through the round because we were getting slaughtered but I stuck around trying to get some forum peeps kills, I think I played 4 rounds or something before I had to switch servers.
  10. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Awesome Report 10/29/2010

Gamertag: Ryuzaki XP
    So I played with this guy for the first time last night and it is the first time I have been baffled at how a player can be so good. Regularly had kills upwards of 40+ and was playing with every class. Headshots from no where as a sniper. Complete domination as a Support. As a Gunner he was just ridiculous. Then he played Assault and nearly every bomb throw was a stick. I have never seen a player dominate so hard.
  11. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

I play with JediDreams quite a bit when I'm not stuck at work. Good guy who doesn't have an ego about his 'game' unlike some folk on this forum who can't shut their goddamn mouths.

I usually run with Jedi, Massive E, Mattsumune, Sable Raid (my personal healer bitch ;p) and a few others.

Always sucks though I'm stuck working back to back 12 hour shifts on the weekend...leaves me 0 play time.
  12. mute

mute New Member

I'll give Jedi a nod too.. I played against him several times the other day and he got the best of me at least twice.. and wasn't annoying about it.

I've played TOM1212121212 several times and his "brother" but I can't remember his GT.. and I didn't have my mic on the last time I ran into them (waking up GF has been getting me in trouble lately). Fun matches..

Also, LegendaryC0rpse. Great sniper and/or gunner to have on the team and communicates well.

Is there a list for annoying teammates yet? Nothing worse than playing with a lesser experienced player constantly trying to give you tips or telling you how to play then essentially going off 1v1.. run into so many of those. That reminds me, I've got some friends list pruning to do. =p
  13. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Jedi is always a challenge.

Mattsumune? F THAT GUY! J/K. Seriously, such a pain in the butt with his assault. Fun to play with/against. I wish I could figure out how to play assault like him.
  14. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Ah Matty. I've been playing with him since near the beginning. His assault is brutal and so is his sniper. Gotta watch out for my tank with Sable Raid though. Everyone focuses on me they forget he's healing in the background and throwing out airstrikes. It's always funny watching Sable get 12 or so air strikes cause everyone focused on my tank and didn't hear the air strike warning.
  15. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

This morning a random assault charged (while red health) into my kick, i like seeing that