Most Underpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 25, 2010.

?

Most Underpowered Class?

1. Assassin

87 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Assault

19 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Gunner

10 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Tank

80 vote(s)
    24.4%
  5. Support

18 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. Sniper

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

108 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I see assassin as being the most underpowered. I consider it like playing a piece of glass. If someone survives a backstab, your dead. I had to change my endorsement on my assassin to armor just because i was tired of other assassins living through a grapple because of this endorsement, and then killing me after they live. Due to similar issues, assassins are the easiest thing to battle as an assassin just because after that grapple there isnt much of a big fight. However if you dont grapple kill any other class its not as simple

Assault=Bomb/Charge 1 shot you/throw you off the map
    Gunner=Will flatten your *** fast
    Support=Shotgun, enough said
    Tank=Spin move kills you quick
    Sniper=Not as likely to kill you after a grapple miss, but the sniper grapple can throw you off a map....and does happen often.
    Assassin=Grapple back, if fails a sword battle/shuriken battle will most likely take place or both for cloak and run.

The armor endrosement WILL cause players to survive a rear attack, and its not just Tanks, because i know ive attacked support from behind and they have lived.

Im not saying assassins should be a guaranteed 1 shot, but if you get your katana, and your grappling people, you are stabbing them through the back of the head. Ill let front shots slide because it makes sense to survive a front attack more than a rear.
  2. Zipang01

Zipang01 New Member

Assault: Nothing really comes to mind, the ability to detonate bombs immediately kinda ticks me off a bit.

Tank: he feels a bit underpowered or just not versatile enough, almost no one plays tank because he is kinda like the gunner just with a charge. Now don't get me wrong in the right hands tanks can be deadly.

Sniper: the assassin's can grapple in the front and kill you immediately is a bit dumb, I'd just like to see him have a bit of heath left instead of a one hit kill from a rushing assassin.
  3. Rannek17

Rannek17 New Member

gunner, for sure, he should have a dash as his B, and have an attached grapple, same as the assault.
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Not sure what that has to be with being underpowered...

:lol:

The fact that the sniper has the best anti-assassin tool in the game and can prevent this with armor kind of negates this.

Not trying to be hateful, it's just that I don't think I agree with a single thing you said.
  5. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Armor?
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I don't think headshots should be able to kill immediately either. Also, as has already been said twice, use armor.
  7. Superlinkbros 89

Superlinkbros 89 New Member

Personally I think the tank is underpowered, their abilities aren't worth it and personally their guns don't work that well.
  8. tizzlejuice

tizzlejuice New Member

No classes should be changed. Anyone can pick any class. They can even check to see the classes they are going up against first to help base their decision. I have seen extremely good people for every class and extremely bad people for every class. I dont know how you originally created each class to match one another, but excellent job.
  9. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Just think of it this way guys, should the best Ranged class have the best short-range (grapple) in the game? No.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

varying situations make weaknessess.

if you were referring to the sniper, his grapple saves him by flinging you if not killing you, and his sniping sometimes kills you if you cant escape. but if you catch him within your own firing range you can usually kill him fast. his health with silver armor doesnt stand against a lvl3 product nade, 3 railgun shots, or a lvl3 bomb, let alone an assassination.
  11. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I never really found a reason a Sniper wouldn't have Gold Armor, i also play as a Sniper and i find it absolutely amazing, makes me nearly invincible.
  12. Shroomkaboom

Shroomkaboom New Member

Assasin. She has one thing going for her, her grapple. If that fails to kill the person or she misses, well then more likely then not she's in for a painful, and insanely quick death. Her long range is so retarded it's only good for plinking away at turrets in my opinion. I mean look at gunner, if someone gets close he's got both a slam and a grapple to deal with them until he gets back into shooty range, and I won't even mention how utterly OP sniper is at all ranges. At long range an assassin is useless, and the one thing she was made to do, grapple, suffers from skill reload times and frequent misses. Not to mention her sword fails against any other close range skill. Charges, slams, grapples, the sword doesn't match up to any of them.
  13. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Not to mention her grapple isn't that strong, you would think that someone who has the least armor and main skill is grapple that it would be the strongest. but sadly it isn't :(
  14. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

you probably shouldn't be running at pro's when you an assassin anyway let them be distracted by another player flank, back grapple run, its the hardest class to play but can be extremely annoying and deadly, it gains juice insanely fast if you target bots and turrets
  15. dredd

dredd Member

I'm with Stretch on this one none of them are Underpowered the supports shotgun is OP tho the spread needs to be fixed so that some one cant one hit kill me from 10 feet away in game with a scrub noob shotgun
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Here's a good example of how to express your opinion in a way that ensures nobody will take you seriously.
  17. dredd

dredd Member

watch me give a flying?
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

That's not even a sentence.
  19. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Oh Dredd... doesnt everyone love his non-related counter-arguments?
  20. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    He doesn't have to make sense. He is the law. :lol: