why bronies?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by needcoffee, June 30, 2012.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. otterdile

otterdile New Member

A post from my now Ex-Brony friend.

Right, that's it. I'm ******* done with bronydom. What began as a fun community has degraded into an internet Jehova's Witness program. What's worse about it is that I can't do anything about it; I never could. The oldfag parts of the fandom are either dead or dying, and it's morphing into the Sonic fandom at an alarming rate.

The fiasco with Derpy Hooves' voice being replaced should have been my first warning. The horde could have just, you know, downloaded the unchanged version from the millions of mirrors that they had put up them-*******-selves...but instead they felt that their "free speech" had been violated, and proceeded to attack the people who had complained.

However, the final nail in the coffin was when bronies began to call it the "internet equivalent of coming out of the closet". To even compare a worse-case scenario of 'mild social discomfort' to 'get out of my house you ******* queer' is not only insensitive, it's downright pretentious.

I could go on for millenia, but I believe that this is enough. As of this moment, I renounce my bronydom and give a big middle finger to the brony community. When you stop being such elitist, confrontive, pretentious pricks that take a little girls' show far too seriously, maybe I'll return.

I don't have high hopes, though.

True words.
  3. raptorbones

raptorbones New Member

4. goodbean

goodbean Well-Known Member

Out of bordem last night, i hit random on reddit. It sent me to the brony stoner subreddit. It was all girl colors, ponies, and bloodshot eyes. /r/Idliketobeatree/

Damn creepy *** bronies giving babies a bad name. -Fixed
  5. crabmcfurson

crabmcfurson New Member

This really isn't a good forum to ask because no one is going to back up bronies well. :v

>Reddit
  6. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

I used to be REALLY into it during the first season.

Now? A few fan remixes are pretty good, but that's about it for me.
  7. goodbean

I am not saying this about all bronies, just the ones that give others a bad name. Its just a true story about a friend of mine and how some bronies just do things that make us say "wtf"

Someone once told me that you can tell if somebody has an addiction is if the addiction overtakes logic, reason, or something important. Kinda like somebody who is addicted to facebook would decide to stay at home instead of going to work.

There is a friend of mine who is a brony and gamer. He started to make tf2 frag videos. The real kicker is that he has several mlp mods that replaced some of the characters with ponies. Most of the mods were skins and character mods that were ponies that wore the clothes of the classes, for example the scout was the blue pony in the scout's clothes. The one model that replaced the engineer was different , it was the orange country pony (I think applejack is her name) without clothes. It made it hard to tell the difference between a red engineer and blue engineer. I just asked him "Why would you put that mod on when you can't tell the difference red and blue?" He said "Its awesome, its not a problem for me." "How can you tell the difference?" He answered "If they don't die when i attack them then I will know." I said to him "Honestly if I was you I would remove it." "That's not a good enough reason to remove it". I said "Not telling the difference between teammate and foe is not a good enough reason to remove a mod?"

He made a few more frag videos. During one of them i did notice something odd. With in a 3 second shot I saw the orange pony engineer with a blue blur on its head. I rewind the video and put in slow mo. That is when I saw it, the person who made that mod did put in a slight difference between red and blue, the hat was different. After I found this out I told my friend, "Hey I was wrong about that engineer mod, you can tell the difference between red and blue." He responded "What do you mean?" I pointed out the hat and just felt a little stupid and laughed.

---

Honestly even the fact that there wasn't a defect in the mod does not matter. We were both under the impression that the mod had a defect, and the brony defied logic and reasoning, got upset with me, and did nothing. He could of just investigated the issue and easily found out that the hat is different. Instead the "brony" in him took over and it defied logic and reasoning. That is what gets on some people's nerves. Why do x? "Because ponies" is an answer that is not good enough.

I am not saying that people liking that show is bad. It gets bad when people take their fandom and just go overboard on spreading it or doing something wild and crazy. I say this: its ok to admit it, but it makes others uncomfortable when you spray it everywhere. It also makes people look at a brony strangely when they do something that defies logic completely.
  8. CSX

CSX Member

Just like the Teletubbies, these things will also be soon forgotten. Very soon I hope.
  9. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

Teletubbies and MLP are completely different things.
  10. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

No one forgets the Teletubbies. No one.
  11. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

>Reddit
    >Not 4chan
    >2010+2

Why man?
  12. goodbean

I just have a distaste for the 4chan mentality, everyone is an anonymous troll and they think "**** you I can do what I want nobody can touch me". Also when it comes to technical problems or advice i doubt I would get an honest answer from them. If I said something like "Windows is giving me this error", I think the only answer I would get form 4chan is "kill yourself op".

Reddit has been reliable for me in the past, helped me out of many binds.
  13. arseface

arseface Post Master General

You sound like a person that never plays with significant impairment.

Back when I played TF2 I regularly did stuff to make things harder. I'd switch up my keybinds, play in japan, restrict myself to only melee weapons when nobody else decided to just to see how many frags I could get. During the MNC free weekend I only played with my laptop(lower framerate) using the little touch pad(obnoxious as all hell to control).

More fun than normal play, easily.

If that Applejack skin weren't scary as **** I'd likely have run it with the defect. Fun>Efficiency. TF2 frag vids is srs bns.

It is a good enough reason. Life is about fun. Ponies are fun for some people.

I haven't cared about the show since season 2 ended up being meh, but it was fun acting like a dumb little **** while it lasted.
  14. goodbean

wow I just always play games on normal, I do mix things up a bit from time to time, but never went to that extremes. I honestly never put too many mods on games, don't want to break things too much. The only mod I have on tf2 is the quake 3 hit sound.

I admit i was a bit harsh on my last post. When you do something fun and use the excuse "because ponies" it doesn't cause a problem, outsiders would just look at you like you are strange or something. Its when bronies do something stupid, crazy, messed up for the reason "because ponies" does people get upset.

I hate to bring up this comparison that a friend of mine brought up once, but it fits so well. He said it like this "This whole brony thing is turning into some kind of religon or something. I don't care if somebody is a brony just as long as they are not a **** about it. Just like your own faith its best to keep it to yourself and to do some good with it. However if you constantly pull it out and constantly talk about it, you are going to make a bunch of people uncomfortable and possibly offend somebody."
  15. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

I don't like reddit's "Upvoteing" system.

It spit's on free speech and only let's what the majority want's to see.
    4chan let's everyone get there stance out, if it's useful it stays on page one.
    If it's useless then it fades away. Either to be brought back by the person who made it, or never to be seen again, for better or worse.
    And on 4chan don't go to /b/ for tech problems. /g/ or /v/ [But it's /b/ 2.0 there] is good for tech [/g/ is the tech board]
  16. goodbean

i am not crazy about the up voting system either, on smaller boards its not really an issue. Reddit has a board for almost anything (which is why i brought it up in this thread.)

Also as I understand it, 4chan deletes old threads, so if somebody mentioned the problem i have i wouldn't be able to find it easily.
  17. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

This thread is stupid

So here's Jackie Chan
    [​IMG]
  18. crabmcfurson

crabmcfurson New Member

Won the thread, done, stop talking now.
  19. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

20. embox

embox Moderator Alumni