Oreo supporting 'gayism'.

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by kopikatsu, June 27, 2012.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Milk's favorite cookie.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I must not understand the feeling or the science behind it either. I'm not exactly on board with the whole "born with it" idea. Nor do I think there is a there is a specific moment or variable in which someone just automatically becomes gay.

You should definitely explain it if you understand it, because I had a friend who turned out to be gay, but had hooked up with girls throughout highschool. He says he met someone who he thought was amazing and he started to re-evaluate everything. At one point as a child he was into girls later in life he was into boys, but never both at the same time.

If you're going to tell me well this kid was obviously born with it, you're going to need a good explanation.
    naka333 likes this.
  3. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

Green's my favorite color.
  4. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but the core of the argument comes down to the debate between Nature vs. Nurture. There's actually a lot of homosexuals that have gone out with the opposite sex for years before coming to the realization.

I don't know the debate is tricky and me from several hours ago wasn't very tactful in her response, or very thoughtful. In fact I would say I'm a product of nurture, but I have other problems going on that separate me from the majority (don't ask). I guess my position is more towards, "it's not a choice," than, "I was born this way." Again, Nature vs. Nurture, probably both.
  5. otterdile

otterdile New Member

Oh dear.
  6. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

[​IMG]
    Please continue, interesting discussion, I'll mix myself into it later today when I'm bored at work.
  7. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

AAAND... that time has come now.

I'm an open-minded person in that I respect people for who they are, regardless of orientation, religion, race, whatever. I let people be and place myself in one others shoes constantly, I care about other people their feelings and try not to purposely upset or provoke them. If the rest of the world would join me in that, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now as well as religious wars and all that jazz.

That said, obviously I do have my opinions, which I strongly voice from time to time, but I always do so in a respectful manner.

Being gay/bi/straight comes down to how the person in question believes it applies to him. Some feel they're born that way, others feel it developed over-time and others are just curious.

Orientation is much more than being turned on and having sex, it's the emotional connection you have with someone. Some have that with the same sex, some with both and some only with the opposing sex.

In the end, what does it matter? If you feel something is your path to happiness, you shouldn't let anyone stop you, we're all trying to make life livable in our own ways.
  8. theyieldingram

theyieldingram Member

You're no longer my 16th favorite gunner.
  9. novanious

novanious Active Member

Not to be rude or anything

But I think this will spawn a new term

SEXUAL OREO-TATION!!!!!

no? okay. back to the smnc forums i go.
  10. theyieldingram

theyieldingram Member

You have my full support.
  11. forkinator

forkinator New Member

Oh boy.
  12. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Can't wait.
  13. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I think its genious to use a cookie to pass a message across.
    So i say i support it!
    [​IMG]

wait did i get the wrong memo here?

haha its only gay marriage geez, its not like its that horrible.
  14. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

Being gay is the wrong way to go they shouldn't have legalized the marriages here where i am at. You don't notice animals mating out their sex or even mating with another type of animal outside its family.
  15. kopikatsu

kopikatsu New Member

Ho ho, you are so wrong.

Also: Murder, gang rape, prostitution, and drug use also occur in other species. Humans are mammals. If they do something, there's a good chance that another animal does it too. The only thing that humans do that is unique is basically make things more complex than hatchets.
  16. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Kopikatsu, I'd like to introduce you to dadale. He used to just troll the 360 section when it was active. Normally he'd post things in such a sense where you think he's completely serious. Then try to play it off like he's not a troll and he doesn't know what you're talking about.

Something about, thats my opinion bro.
    naka333 likes this.
  17. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

What's up teapot how ya been? Good luck on your 1v1 peachy pony. my last comment was serious I'm homophobic.
  18. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

In the 1700s, they burned homosexuals at the stake just like witches. However, unlike witches, they threw the gays in with the kindle, which lead to a slower, more painful death.

In the 1950s all the way up to the 1970s, gays were lynched, beaten, never had friends, and had to spend their entire life hiding who they were for fear of persecution. If you were gay, you could not get a job. You could not be a public figure. People would look at you with disgust.

People honestly think that gays chose that? I mean, there are really people out there that think a gay guy just sits down and is like "Hmmm...ya know, I think I like men better than women. There are just so many advantages to homosexuality"

If you want to label it a disorder, I disagree, but I suppose you could argue that. But you can't call it a choice; anybody with the slightest bit of logic can see this.
  19. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

In the 1700s, they burned homosexuals at the stake just like witches. However, unlike witches, they threw the gays in with the kindle, which lead to a slower, more painful death.

In the 1950s all the way up to the 1970s, gays were lynched, beaten, never had friends, and had to spend their entire life hiding who they were for fear of persecution. If you were gay, you could not get a job. You could not be a public figure. People would look at you with disgust.

People honestly think that gays chose that? I mean, there are really people out there that think a gay guy just sits down and is like "Hmmm...ya know, I think I like men better than women. There are just so many advantages to homosexuality"

If you want to label it a disorder, I disagree, but I suppose you could argue that. But you can't call it a choice; anybody with the slightest bit of logic can see this.
  20. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

Nice double post.