What's your current occupation/occupation you wish for?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by kev1989, June 24, 2012.

1. kev1989

kev1989 New Member

Since i'm always eager to know what kind of people i deal with, i'm interested in what people work as around here or want to work as in the future. Gives you an idea of the "outside of gaming" person.

And i guess i will start then:

In 2010 i was looking for a place to do my civilian service (the alternative to the military service, which was a must in germany during that time. you either did that or civilian service). I ended up working at a day care center which also had some disabled children. At first i thought that it was just a thing to get the civ. service over with, but instead of the required 6 months i extended my time there two times and did 12 months in total. I liked the work there and was already enlisting myself for an educational training to become a certified child-care worker myself. That training will start this August and will probably last 3 years in total.

And now i hope i get to hear some stories about you people.
  2. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

Atm im doing some unofficial translating, but in the future I want to be doing something with History, tho im not quite sure what.. as there isnt that many choice when it comes to history.

Edit: to be specific, I mostly translate spanish/english/dutch, I also know valenciano, but i will never need that
    Last edited: June 30, 2012
  3. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Currently i own a small Photography and Design business in Chicago, my partner is a DJ, we mainly help club/bar promotions. However even tho i DJ with him, my business in mainly event photography(clubs,bars,large scale conventions,concerts,even backyard bbqs), model photography, band/rapper photography. And i design for club promotions and small business's at the moment.
    I am finishing my associates in Graphic Design this year, and then i will apply my skills to a company, id really like to get into game design
  4. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Voice acting of some sort. Or acting in general.
  5. echochrome

echochrome New Member

I am in college outside of Atlanta majoring in Communications/PR. I have an Associate's in Journalism/Professional Writing. I am writing for my school newspaper, and I eventually want to write for the city publication.

...or present a radio or chat show of some sort. I used to host a drag show, which was awesome.
  6. SnappleT

SnappleT Active Member

I'm currently in high school, but I'm planning on taking CLEP exams next summer, joining the Air Force, and eventually becomng either a cop or a scientist.
  7. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

please tell me you ment ''mad scientist''
  8. doctorsunny

doctorsunny New Member

I'm going to start college soon and after that, I'd wish of an occupation that has to do with medical stuff. If that wouldn't work out, I'd probably go for something that has to do with art or photography.
  9. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I make games, bitches! No really, I'm a game developer.
  10. 420trips

420trips Member

11. Nap

Nap Well-Known Member

I rap and sell pot and virtual items for profit.

....yep
  12. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

This is meant purely for constructive purposes, and not being mean or critical.

Practice your tonality. You come off and monotonish in XBL chat. Learning how to speed up/slow down certain words and put emphasis on certain words in various sentences will make or break you in voice acting.

By no means am I telling you that you can't do it; but that is where you would want to focus on in order to become the best you can possibly be. Hope this helps.
  13. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

You've never heard me when I wasn't bored. Trust me, I undergo a MASSIVE change.
  14. junglistt

junglistt Active Member

Translate this: I lvu oyu :eek:

I am in charge of Profits/HTML/Listings for an internet retailer.

http://www.fuddlebucks.com

I did not design/create the website, it is not perfect yet, but we sell shooting/camping/hiking/tactical stuff on Ebay, Amazon and our website. It is the best job I have ever had, and plus, my bosses take me to the shooting range every now and then for some good old shooting competitions!! :lol: