Why the Assassin's needs her prowess back

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by infrablade, October 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infrablade

infrablade New Member

Ok now go lunge and then press cloak while in the action and tell me what happens... mid ways/near the end of the action you cloak don't you..., just as with the Grapple... the same happens when triggering a clip of shuriken... again now you're just behaving like a troll here... please stop
  2. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I did not know this. I'd consider these exploits though at this point since the devs have stated that cloak/grappling was unintentional.
  3. infrablade

infrablade New Member

Do me a big 1 would you... link me to where they said that please? I'd appreciate it...
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Are you questioning that? If so, it should be pretty obvious that it was unintentional, since they have already tried removing it from the game. Not sure where it was first mentioned, but this is from the title update thread:

5. infrablade

infrablade New Member

They also nerfed the dagger... I'm I to assume they didn't intend the Assassin to have Level 5 Offense because of this?

We all know what assuming does for you... these people are also human...and potentially break things unwittingly. I just want to see where they actually said, yeah we didnt want that to happen...
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Assassins cloaking during a grapple was a bug and unintentional and thusly fixed in the first update.

How's that?
  7. infrablade

infrablade New Member

Funny ... :lol: thank you
  8. PaPa Slick

PaPa Slick New Member

I think that is fairly difinitive. :lol:
  9. infrablade

infrablade New Member

Yeah fairly...but I still feel like it complemented her play mechanics; I'd like to see it put back... oh well
  10. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

I still have my doubts...
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3360

Relevant Part:

"Fixed Assassins being able to cloak during a grapple."

Fixed. Meaning it was broken, overpowered, and/or unintentional. I believe they have even gone so far as to confirm it was unintended in other threads, but I'm not going to dig those up. The patch notes indicates it was an INTENDED change. That should suffice.

Edit: I was ninjaed, disregard the above.

At the same time, they reduced penalties for missed grapples, buffed grapple hit detection to almost an absurd amount, fixed fall damage still negating cloak after passive 3, and fixed ice traps/scramblers draining her non skill based grapples with both her primary and secondary weapons.

One final thing, I'd stop relying on the stat bars to justify your arguments. They are notoriously inaccurate across any type of shooter, and generally dumb down the measurements of many overlapping variables to give newer players a quick idea of what the class/weapon is like. They are pretty much useless after that.

Quick example: the inexperienced players who think FMJ actually increases bullet damage in MW2, instead of allowing bullets to RETAIN more damage when traveling through cover. Why do they assume this? Because the damage bar is slightly buffed when FMJ is applied, even though the maximum damage of the bullets themselves is in no way increased.

I can't even begin to tell you what the stat bars are for the pros in MNC. I know that most of them change will skill upgrades, but I never looked at the stats to justify skill purchases after i knew what practical applications they had. I'll go out on a limb and say the tank and the support both have lower offensive ratings than the assassin, despite both of them being capable of many more OHK's in a 15 seconds window than she is, and can put out higher DPS than she can at close range. It has to measure much more than DPS for it to be accurate. (And again, even if its inaccurate, who actually CARES past the introductory level of this game?)
  12. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

The stat bars are just a very rough reflection of how upgrading a skill will affect your Pro. They are done for newbies trying to make quick decisions.
  13. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

Try fixing the tank first. The assassin simply is little harder to play so what, suck it up and adjust. The tank's jet gun hitbox and registration is more of a problem.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't find it to be.
  15. infrablade

infrablade New Member

I never said I didn't adjust, I still get high kill counts... that hasn't changed, but the way I play had to because of this and other things done to the class.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Again, I don't like being forced into that box like that. You shouldn't be made to function in one way and not how you want... I'm a PC guy...not a MAC user...I like the idea of Burger King... have it your way.

The point here is I like to mix gameplay tactics in order to become unpredictable...the Assassin class once catered to this and now she doesn't.
    Last edited: October 21, 2010
  16. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I'd say it's more of a problem with the game's autoaim than anything else. It always forces you to aim at the last known position of a target, even if they're doing a grapple animation. For example, when an Assassin (or *gasp* Sniper) grapples a Jackbot, the game's autoaim forces you to aim at where they were when the animation started. However, nothing will happen as you have to hit their character model which is likely sitting on the Jackbot's head.

Personally I'd like to see an option to turn off autoaim, I always turn it off myself if I have the option. I'm no crackshot, but I find autoaim is a hinderance to me more often than it helps.
  17. infrablade

infrablade New Member

I'm well aware of this, but as it use to be...they were nearly spot on for the way she functioned.
  18. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

It also allows an assassin to camp an enemy base and catch pros right out of the spawn. If it wasn't for that then I would have no problem with it.
  19. PaPa Slick

PaPa Slick New Member

I enjoy watching you argue this point even though it was confirmed by Scathis that it was never intended to be in the game. Please continue. :roll:
  20. infrablade

infrablade New Member

you enjoy trolling threads
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.