Is MNC still kicking?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by skullkid239, June 16, 2012.

1. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

I'd really like to play MNC for the PC, I played it on xbox and I LOVED it, I played SMNC and wasn't so fond. I'm thinking about getting the 4 bundle for MNC, but i don't want to spend $30 on a dead community.
    I expect the population to be low, but I don't know what else to expect.

Will it take a long time to find a match?
    Will I get stuck with European players with 200 ping?
    Things like this are important to me. I've got 2 friends with this game and I may have 4 more copies, so i'll have enough for a full team! but will there be anyone to play against?
  2. NintOMan

NintOMan New Member

Okay, here's the MNC lowdown.

The game is pretty much dead. It's twitching. There is life in it but it comes and goes. I still play MNC on a daily basis. As there is usually one server open at any given time, with perhaps about four or five people in that server.

On weekends you can expect that number to rise a little. For instance today (Saturday) I played in a full 12player server, it didn't last long, 2 games at the most, before people started leaving. From there it will go up and down from about four to seven players.

The servers most often open are European and American. Although the American servers are usually 45min/hourlong servers, which can become pretty tedious.

If you haven't played MNC on the PC yet, it is different to Xbox considering it received updates for bugs and balancing. It is more balanced than Xbox, but still pretty ridiculous. It's a shame Uber abandoned their own game.

You don't 'find' matches, you join a server, either on your own and hope other people come on and join, or you can jump into a game already in progress. Sometimes this means you'll jump in on a team that's getting their *** handed to them. All I can say is, suck it up and wait for the start of the next match.

On a daily basis you're looking at no more than around 20 players online at any one time. But of those players some are pretty persistent. I'm on most days for instance, as are others. But you should be prepared for times where there are 0games being played. Alot of us friend eachother on steam, so we can check who's playing.

And that's about it. It's not great but it's still there. Just check if your friends are genuinely interested in playing MNC, or it'll be money wasted.
  3. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

i've got a total of 6 mnc players
  4. NintOMan

NintOMan New Member

If you got a few of your friends together everytime you wanted to play some MNC you'd definitely pick up a couple of other players during those games aswell. Once a server gets some interest it can burn for a fair amount of time before emptying. Sometimes the trouble is getting one started on your own.
  5. Mavajo

Mavajo New Member

MNC still had at least one full server 24/7 until SMNC officially went live. That was the death knell.
  6. muromets

muromets Member

The problem is that there are quite a few experienced players. So it might be a bit hard to learn. I just wish they would fix the damn bugs that are from day 1.
  7. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

HA, I topped xbox MNC leaderboards. I'm not afraid of 'experienced players'
  8. muromets

muromets Member

Then you should definitely get it. I just played about 3hrs of mnc with almost a full server.
  9. NintOMan

NintOMan New Member

Lol, well good luck :p MNC PC may aswell be a completely different game. Probably best to keep the expectations down until you find your feet. Mouse and Keyboard is a farcry from controller-dominated shooters. Not too mention that your favourite class may not be as imba in PC due to updates.

Don't get me wrong, your xbox experience is definitely helpful, just don't expect to jump in and start owning, or you may risk getting put down pretty quick. The PC community is small and they love a name they don't recognise for a bit of target practise.

Other than that, I'm sure you'll have fun :)
  10. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

Challenge Accepted
  11. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Xbox is still alive and you'll normally find 2-3 lobbies open. We stopped the private match community so theres really no skilled 6v6's, but plenty of pubs.

Lot's of the best players moved on, but a couple stayed.
  12. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

I bought it for my brothers xbox, i'll be playing that on live occasionally, when i get gold i'll post my gamertag. lets wreck some kids!
  13. gunked

gunked New Member

[​IMG]
  14. teapot

Jon, you must not like me picking on you're new BFF Peachy.

Playa hater of the year -> :x Jon
  15. teapot

<1vH8