Dear Uber (update review)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Rev Rabies, October 13, 2010.

1. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I'm doing just as well as before, but the difference is it's not as fun. Many Assassins have been reduced to grapple, wait, grapple, wait... and it's terribly boring. While I don't do that, I find myself having to run from every other pro because I can't kill them in a 1v1 fair fight. Before, I would lunge grapple, which would easily kill a Sniper and Assassin, and usually kill Gunners and Assaults. While I'm not saying it should still kill the latter, it should not take 3 lunges and a back grapple to do so (and a Gunner actually did survive that)
  2. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

This is a very weak argument. If there was a fundamental lack of balance, you might have a point. As it stands, changing the game so you cannot Rambo people with a broken tool because you find it fun just makes me want to ignore any argument to come out of your mouth. Again, I will say, stop comparing it to how it was, and look at it based on its own merits. Just because you used the lunge-grapple as your main offense before does not mean it didn't need a change.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I do not understand how the argument is weak. A back grapple against an unarmored Gunner is a kill. From my experience, it is still a kill against a bronze armored Gunner. So 2 back lunges and 1 front lunge should not do damage equal to what an armored Gunner has left after a back assassination? And do not just assume that my main offense before was a lunge grapple.
  4. southsidesox24

I will assume it because of how you described how you play. However, you should not make assumptions about what a lunge should do. You are completely ignoring why I am saying what I am. You are comparing it to how it was. Don't do that. There is no need to. If the game came out this way originally, you would have no problem with it at all. Wait, see if you can alter your play style. If you cannot, then there might be a problem, either in how you play or how the game is balanced. Give it time.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I am not comparing it to the way it was. Before, it would take 1 dagger lunge, but that was because it was overpowered. My problem now is, the dagger lunge is useless because of how little damage it does. I'm saying that if such a tool is given to an Assassin, then the Assassin should see appreciable damage done if she uses it 3 times. The problem is that we're not seeing any appreciable damage done.

If I can back grapple a Gunner, then lunge him 3 times only for him to survive, then I will not use the lunge. No pro should have a tool that cannot be used to do its lack of viability.
  6. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

*cough* Deploy *cough*
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Ever deployed next to the money ball while it's down? It's like magic.
  8. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

No, I'm too busy dodging an angry sniper, a bomb-happy assault, and a support throwing airstrikes.
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

gunner grapple?
  10. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yup, missed that one.
  11. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

The Gunner's grapple can be used to finish off weak enemies when you're reloading or you slam is recharging. Also it's hilarious to upgrade it all the way and run around grappling people.

The Tank's deploy is still fairly useless, in my opinion. Works great for the gunner, though.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

To quote the Devs. "Some skills work better in Blitz than in Crossfire."
  13. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

both are worthless in blitz too
  14. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

This.

Exactly this. It's hard enough to get a lunge backstab on good players, but now it wont even kill them..... how exactly is that fair or balanced? :roll:

Nobody is comparing it to the old broken dagger.

"If the game came out this way originally, you would have no problem with it at all."
    Really? And how exactly do you know that?

We have "altered" our playstyles and it is not fun anymore not being able to kill somebody with the assassins strongest attack combo

This new magic playstyle is nothing but "Stab a support in the back"
    wait 15 seconds.....stab a support in the back...wait 15 seconds...stab a support in the back until you unlock the katana
    Why a support you ask?

You wont be backstabbing a good sniper or another assassin
    Everything else survives a dagger backstab, even with a back lunge added in.

Not that I'm saying you should be only hunting pros, but simply the only thing worth attacking early game now are supports since they actually die

How the fvck is lunging from stealth and stabbing a player in the back "rambo"
    You think the game should not be fun for assassin players?
    Are you daft?
    Your lack of logic and shltty attitude makes me want to "Ignore any argument to come out of your mouth"
  15. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

How in the world is the Gunner grapple useless? I use that thing like nobody's business, it's amazing
  16. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Slam > Grapple
  17. southsidesox24

Seriously, you don't know what the words logic and attitude mean. Let me give you an example.

"Lunge Grapple is bad, it can't kill people when you lunge 3 times and grapple"
    Ok, why is that bad? Oh wait, because you think it is a tool that should do a ton of damage. Because you are used to it. If it did not do a ton of damage at first, you would not care. Because you would have no expectations. Its simple logic.

In answer to the rest of your post.
    Yes, I think this game should not be fun for Assassins. Because the dagger lunge grapple does less damage than it did. You seem so smart saying this.
    Yes, I am daft. Because I said you should wait to make judgments.
    Yes, Lunge+Grapple w/ the dagger is playing Rambo. When a class, that relies on stealth can take any other class head on with a combination of abilities that should not do as much damage as they once did, that is going Rambo.
    Your generalizations about how bad the Assassin are now make me think one thing. You completely and utterly relied on the lunge+grapple before. And guess what, I know you did through experience. Well, you set yourself up for failure, and bitching and moaning because it has changed now makes no one feel any sympathy at all for you.

That is all.
  18. kamakun

kamakun New Member

It should do a ton of damage, given that it's about a five-second combo. You know how much damage a Sniper can output in five seconds? About six headshots worth. What about a Tank with his Jet gun? Gunner? Assault? Firebase? The answer to all of them is much more than the Assassin.

Of course no one would care. No one would care because by this point, no one would be playing as her. The Assassin would already by considered a useless character instead of one that the update broke.

It's simple logic.

1. That's evident.
    2. It doesn't take long to realize that a character is bad.
    3. Okay. I've never seen the movies, but I never knew Rambo was supposed to be a stealthy character.
    4. When they nerf your Freeze Traps and Grapple, I'm sure you'll be "bitching and moaning" too because you obviously relied on them too much.
  19. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I'l say it again, an ASSASSIN is supposed to be stealthy and lethal, if someone sees you lunge at their face, a tank will charge, an assault will charge, a gunner will shoot you down, a support will **** cheney you, a sniper will grab you, and an assassin will jump out of the way, if they're smart. A backlunge backstab should kill, any back attack should do a good ammount of damage, the new lunge's damage barely does a sliver of health to anyone, ramboing is going around killing a wave of opponents as loudly and badassly as possible (see gunner) an assassin has to run away after each kill.

And the shooting them before you grab them thing, doesn't work, because they're alerted to your position.
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Thank you.

QFT