The official "can has PC port now?" thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Symmetry, March 28, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

You dodged the UT engine topic with skill there... ;)
  2. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

It is Unreal. I overheard it at PAX =P
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It is Unreal3. I'll confirm and not deny. :)
  4. Col_Jessep

Thank you Eka (and Poly)!
  5. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Oh, it's Unreal alright.
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Tch. At least Ekanaut confirms things...
  7. hideinlight

hideinlight New Member

Yeah, they using the UDK, that means it's already on the PC.

Quick overview of the UDK including the upcoming scale-form and what it could mean for games like MNC. Also for fans of the unreal franchise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6j4Y1TKKM8
  8. Col_Jessep

I checked up on the UDK a few days back and I was amazed that they allow modders to use it without charge or limitations. The 3D menus looked awesome btw.
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We aren't using the UDK btw, we have a real license.

The menuing stuff went in too late for us as well.
  10. Col_Jessep

There is always the PC version neutrino... :D
  11. Jokester

Jokester New Member

I signed up for the sole reason to voice my vote for a PC version. I think this has the same potential as TF2 had, which has become a huge seller. The fact that DOTA style games have a huge fan base in the PC crowd should be another reason to release it on the PC.

At any rate the game looks fantastic, and I can only hope that a PC port is something to look into in the future.
  12. phatbhuda

phatbhuda New Member

I haven't played the game yet, but I certainly would love to buy this for PC. I'll take it in any form, but Steam would rock.

I'm even going to pick up the Live Arcade version first, the game looks awesome.
  13. neutrino

Thank you everyone for coming in and letting us know you want PC! This really does help when making plans!!
  14. Don Don

Don Don New Member

Registered to say I would gladly throw my money at you for a PC (or PSN, any chance of that?) port.
  15. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I heard doing something for the PSN kinda sucks...a lot
  16. neutrino

Feel free to start a "can has PS3 port now" thread. If they come, you will build it. Or something like that ;)
  17. Shreder

Shreder New Member

Just watched the main site trailer and saw there wasn't a PC logo. Came here and saw this thread and had to register to say: "Omg plz plz plz port to PC."

That is all, carry on.

P.S. I may cry if my wishes are not met. Just something to think about.
  18. Jalicos

Jalicos New Member

Here's another one registering to ask for a PC version.

While I agree that Steam likely has a larger playerbase for this sort of game, I hope that you will also consider releasing it on Impulse. Steam's DRM means you never actually own anything you buy there, and I've seen too many instances of people losing things they bought due to faulty DRM, multiplayer services getting shut down, and authentication servers mysteriously disappearing. I got the first SupCom game because a friend said it was good and it didn't have DRM, and although it's now one of my favorite games and I still play it frequently, I decided not to buy SupCom2 the moment I heard it was Steam-exclusive.

Your game looks fun and interesting. Please make a PC version, and if you release it on Steam, please release it on something more consumer-friendly as well. That way all the TF2 fans can find and purchase your game, and paranoid people like me can still buy it as well.
  19. neutrino

In your opinion what should we be using for the multiplayer backend? A lot of people want us to use steam for matchmaking, achievements etc. What's the best matchmaking service in your opinion?
  20. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I'm not really sure what is good for matchmaking. The only matchmaking I have done on the PC is for L4D 1&2, and they work fine I guess. My only complaint is that valve doesn't by default make the game easy to find a good server. You have to go out of your way to configure it so that it will try and look for servers with under a specific latency. Other than that...I heard the MW2 matchmaking is ok...and that is also steam...