Performance doubled? (Է)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, April 25, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

This is just in:
    http://twitter.com/UberEnt/statuses/12834615520

Congrats and 100 extra geek points for coding on a weekend! =D
  2. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

but minus 75 for not already having that done! <3

....now i really want a 360 :(
  3. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

So it now has a smoother frame rate?
  4. Col_Jessep

I guess. The thread optimization sounds like MNC makes use of the CPU more efficiently now and refreshing objects less could mean less performance required of CPU or GPU.
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I saw that tweet too. I got the message sent to my phone while I was at the mall -- in Gamestop -- and I was like "Sweet, Monday Night Combat just got an upgrade!"

Which in turn had 4-5 people who were much geekier than myself asking what MNC was. Don't be surprised to see a few of them hopping on the forums this week :)
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Oooh yeah, "congratulations" for updating a game...
  7. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Yup, we're now testing the heck out of the game to see just how much perf improvements we got from that major change.

Performance improvements are usually done near the end, simply because until the end you don't know how much you need to improve. Not always a good idea to waste time making something perform if you don't need to in the end.
  8. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Extra performance means you can add more stuff! :lol:
  9. Col_Jessep

Honestly, I wasn't expecting that you would be able to grasp the significance of this news post. Increasing the performance without cutting content, polygons or effects is not an easy task. Doubling the speed the way o did will have next to no negative influence on graphic quality. However it will make gameplay smoother and maybe the guys can crank the effects a little up or something later.

GPG had to increase the performance for SupCom2 and they had to cut major parts of the game. Smaller maps, less polygons, fewer units, smaller textures. It really shows despite the new lighting and engine polishing.

So yeah, improving the performance by 100% without cutting stuff or decreasing graphic quality is worth a 'congrats!' imo.
  10. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Congratz! So many great games are ruined on xbox 360 because they have a incredibly low frame rate so this is really good.
  11. Unreal

Unreal New Member

Congrats on enhancement, everyone loves a fast running game! :D
    So your saying the game is almost done? :)
  12. scathis

I can neither confirm nor deny the 'almost done'-ness of our project.

:eek:
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Ahh, so it IS done.

Or its not.

I gotcha. July 6, 2010 release date. It's in stone, people!
  14. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I think the fact that they were comfortable with demo-ing a playable build at PAX shows that they are at least getting close. Despite only seeing the part of the game that was accessible at PAX I honestly would have been super excited to take home a copy that was in that state. However, even with that, the devs are still cranking away adding, tweaking, and changing things, some of which are huge improvements (well done on the performance boost!). So far I feel they have proven how much they really care about this game and that they are working to make it as perfect as possible as opposed to just throwing it out there. For that I hold a great deal of respect, as should everyone else. As much as I want this yesterday...you can't rush a good thing. ^_^
  15. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We are definitely on the final stretch. This is often the hardest part of any project as you need to get all of the little details nailed down and correct.
  16. warwolf91

warwolf91 New Member

Can has beta plz?
  17. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

There isn't really a way to do a beta on XBLA. If we could do it I would love it because it would mitigate any issues we have out of the gate.
  18. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

curse you scathis!!! (needed someone to blame >.>)

I generally like betas because they get people interested in the game: try it, like it, buy it. But on the plus side we've gotten some very detailed actual gameplay footage though, better than premade cutscenes that don't show what the game is actually like, so hopefully it'll be full of noobs to destroy :D
  19. scathis

There will be a trial version, all XBLA games have trials.
  20. Unreal

Unreal New Member

Speaking of that, what will we be able to do in the trial?. Blitz? some Single Player? or maybe even what Battlefield: 1943 did in which you could play a few online games to try out the multiplayer. Or are you guys still debating on what to do for it.