Blast MS and their priorities!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TGO023, October 4, 2010.

1. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

You can argue that it makes perfect sense, but Halo: Reach gets it's first patch tomorrow while MNC, Uber and it's fans are kept waiting.

Quite irritating none the less.
  2. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I agree with the talking butt. :cool:
  3. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

MNC also came off the Xbox Live Top 20 list for the first time since release, which means the game might benefit from that patch and Map. MNC is still on the top 20 purchased Full XBL titles list, but took a big fall from previous listings.
  4. Iron Past

Iron Past New Member

I was under the impression the update tomorrow in Reach was a playlist update which is just handled on Bungie's end? Regardless, yes, it's annoying that the patch has been in cert for 2 1/2 weeks, though I don't think MS has ever been known for their speedy certification process. Haven't played in a while because the exploiters were getting too prevalent, so I really want the patch. Like, yesterday.
  5. ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury New Member

What is kind of hilarious to me is that I paid $60 dollars for Reach, and I'm bored out of my damn mind. On the other hand, I payed $15 dollars for MNC and it's basically all I ever really want to play. Reach campaign sucked hard, and with no matchmaking for custom maps or games, multiplayer sucks harder.
  6. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Same here. Reach was great, but I've put 10x the amount of play time into MNC.

I thought it was a matchmaking thing for Reach as well, but looks like now it will be a full patch. It pays to be Bungie, I suppose. :lol:

In other online Halo: Reach news, Bungie has bifurcated its planned October matchmaking update and has decided to drop the first patch this Tuesday. The update adds a myriad of alterations to the online component of Halo: Reach, chief among them being what Bungie calls the eradication of "a metric ton of small, but annoying bugs and gameplay issues."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6280660.html
  7. RoverOver

RoverOver New Member

who was that who said microsoft does't take preference to the certification process? i call BS! get to work M$!
  8. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

So much for a first-come-first-serve policy, eh?
  9. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I really hope Bungie Introduces more playlists that are specific. More like Halo 3, not it's current format.
    :BTB:... Voting... BTB Swat! :x (Insert expletive here)
    Main reason I don't play Reach is their playlist gets determined by majority vote. Problem is the majority is well... dumb.
    Reach has disappointed me. Between it's emotinally lacking Campaign and flawed Multiplayer, I have half a mind to resell it.

But same here. I've gotten My money back from MNC time and time again. It's the only reason I turn on my XBOX. Love it, can't wait for it's updates. :mrgreen:
  10. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

That. x100. Oh, don't forget BTB Snipers.
  11. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

To be fair, from a business perspective Reach comes 1st. I'd much rather have the MNC patch also, but you can't really blame them.
  12. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Yeah, but we knew that would happen.
  13. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Guess it is hard to ignore $200,000,000 in 24 hours. ;)
  14. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

I love the ignorance and conspiracy theories displayed in these threads :roll: You have no idea how long the Reach patch was in cert for.

As for the MNC patch, it certainly does seem to have been in for a long time. Have the devs actually confirmed they've just been waiting for Microsoft this whole time?

Here's my conspiracy theory: The patch had problems/failed cert and the MNC devs didn't tell us, but are happy to let their players assume Microsoft are to blame.
    [based on pure speculation and no facts whatsoever :) ]
  15. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

While it's tue the patch may have been in development since the disc "went gold," there's still plenty of precedent for Microsoft putting priority on top titles. Cetification has been longer with the update for Kinect coming out, and we knew that too.

And yes, the Devs confirmed it was in certification. I'm pretty sure we'd have to ignore any evidence and assume Uber's outright lying to us to make your conspiracy theory work. But that's the hallmark of a good cinspiracy theory, I guess.
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

No it didn't fail. It's been sitting with MS for awhile now. Bigger games get better treatment. Simple fact of life.
  17. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

I can't be the only one to get a chuckle out of the irony and hypocrisy of this post. Priceless.
  18. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Want my theory? The developers are just as pissed and frustrated as we are but have to be "nice and political" about it.

Microsoft has a lot going on, yes, and while Uber can't outright say it ... I will.

This wait is Bull [crap]
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

The Halo Patch wasn't a patch at all. It was an internal update, like MCN changing lobby times from 60 seconds to 45 seconds etc.
  20. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Another conspiracy theory from someone who has no evidence or information.

>.>