Language Translation for new content

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, September 24, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

If you're proficient in translating English to French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional), or Korean let us know. We're looking for help on some translation work for Monday Night Combat. We're asking fans to hopefully get a more contextual translation and yes there is compensation involved.
  2. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I'm fairly proficient at English > Spanish
    La lengua espaola es mi primera lengua.

Anything to help out MNC :mrgreen:

If there's any dead lines let me know ahead of time.
  3. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I have friends that are fluent in Chinese, Spanish, and Korean. If there is pay involved I might be able to get them to do it.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I can probably help with the German version, although I'm honestly not very comfortable translating a game I have never played. I would need to know how much text we are talking about and how soon you need it.
  5. Patch

Patch New Member

6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We have a localization service that we've used but wanted to know if any of the fans that played the game have the expertise as well. Knowing the context of the game would hopefully be better for translation. Of course there would be compensation involved.
  7. Patch

Patch New Member

Damn. You guys don't give me much to be a crusty old bastard about. Quit being so awesome.
  8. Ian

Ian New Member

I'd like to give French a try. I'm pretty much fluent. Might need to look up a few words in a dictionary, but the grammar base is there, plus I love MNC ;)
  9. iCatastrophe408

iCatastrophe408 New Member

Damn only if I studied harder in school lmao. Oh well, goodluck with this. :)
  10. ChaRaa

ChaRaa New Member

I am pretty proficient with Traditional Chinese but not good enough. I'm looking forward to localization so I can convince my Taiwanese friends to play. However, I feel a lot of MNC humor might lost in translation without good localization service.
  11. ChaRaa

ChaRaa New Member

For Chinese, I think I can see if translation is weird or doesn't really match what MNC is about but I probably can't do the translation myself.
  12. reflection82

reflection82 New Member

I'm a native Italian speaker, avid MNC player and I have experience with game translations :) Should you still need a hand, drop me a line!
  13. shigeryu1210

shigeryu1210 New Member

Hey there Uberent! =D

Me and my mate have been playing MNC quite alot together... (Both Level 70ish)

And I've just finished my AS, going on to A2 level in German, and my friend is a year older than me and so has completed the whole A level. She also translates for our local pharmacies German Amazon page!

Message me if you would like our help! We'd love to have a go and give you a hand!

Shigeryu1210 & Babytiga < (gamertags)
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Thanks for all the replies! It's good to know for future work if we need to run a translation by our community. For now we have it covered. Thanks again.