New Video Featuring 10 Minutes of Gameplay

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by jayblings, April 15, 2010.

1. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Is that the button that turns your console off?
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I assume we have an expert rage quitter among us... :roll:
  3. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

hahaha, rage quitting, been there, seen that. halo 3 has plenty of cases of that stuff. but yes I do have the advantage of playing so thats a big advantage to me
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

How does "go to Hell" sound?

And no, I don't ragequit. Ragequitting is for "pro" or "MLG" people.
  5. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Quite the opposite. MLG players have to pay for their flight and entry fees to tournaments and stuff, I don't think rage quiting would be an option after going so far to compete with the best of the best. Also rage quiting in front of that many spectators would be really embarrassing.

Rage quiting is very popular with the noobs and really annoys the "pro" players because they never rage quit and are stuck with 4v8.
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Ok, ok lets not get into a debate about the semantics of rage quitting. Lets just say it's undesirable to the other players in the game.

Is the MLG still around?
  7. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

Yea. MLG just might pick up MNC if it had custom game/private game support...
  8. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

mlg is fail...
  9. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I like watching players that are exponentially better than I am at MW2 and the like. MLG'ers, Machinima, and Gamebattle gamers IMHO are amazing.
  10. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I just hate MLG, every one of them. Who think they are "pro" at everything, they love to stroke thier own egos.
  11. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Now there's a shocker... ;)

I really enjoyed watching the 'pros' play in SupCom. Played against the #1 once and it was fun although he utterly destroyed me. Can't say anything about the MLG but the German 'pro' FA players were a nice bunch mostly. They did a lot for the community too, helping newbies, giving tips, casting games live... good times!
  12. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

You have probably never met a MLG player, They play private games not public and they play games in teams so they can cooperate with the other 7 guys on their team. If you see anyone in public games saying they are MLG they are probably just teasing.

Although to play in MLG tournaments you just have to pay for the entry and it doesn't matter your skill as long as you have the money, But it's unlikely that you would enter if you are not exceptionally skilled.
  13. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

There is nothing wrong with tournaments...it's just that most televised ones like MLG are completely full of egotistical pricks who are not even as good as many people you find on random online matches...
  14. scathis

I can guarantee that is not true.

You've met at least one former MLG player that you like.
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

If that's you, you're assuming too much. :twisted:
  16. scathis

Not me...
  17. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

And most assuredly not me.
  18. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Whossat?
  19. scathis

I can't say...

Maybe he'll emerge from his old shadow....
  20. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Sorry I didn't hop on this thread sooner, I must have not read the title correctly. I thought it was labeled "New Video Featuring 10 Minutes of Gameplay" not "I hate MLG lawl".

I was an MLG competitor for Halo 2 and placed quite high for FFA's. I did not have the time or a team that could fly to competitions with me and stopped entering after the Halo 3 warm ups due to my schedule in the industry and I went to GPG to work on FA.

Now to the answer the flaming - only about 20%-30% of people that were in MLG or active at competitions were truly awesome gamers. The rest, as stated early, could just afford to enter and fly themselves to games etc.

Yes there is rage quitting; yes they play in public matches to learn new things they can't learn in private (assuming the true skill rating for that title is working correctly) and yes they have egos about it, which given the age group tends to lean towards blaming teammates for mistakes which is why I did FFA's ;)

Trolling hours are now open again.